Make a world of difference.
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
From guiding the student experience, to delivering programs that meet the needs of the future-of-work and help solve our global social and economic challenges, every one of our people (Keypathers!) create impact, every day.
Roles at Keypath Education are available as remote, hybrid, or in-office.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timely closing of the general ledger and assist in the financial reporting efforts of the accounting team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated results and internal management reporting requirements. Provide value added services to all business partners and corporation through the analysis and interpretation of data. Provide management with suggestions for the improvement of accounting and business processes. The ideal leader for this role must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. The position requires strong accounting and analytics, strong organizational ability, keen attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and employees.
What you’ll be doing as Senior Accountant
- Direct day-to-day accounting operations, month/quarter/year-end including but not limited to billing, accounts payable, banking/cash management, fixed assets, leases, and various journal entries and accruals to ensure all business transaction for Keypath Education legal entities are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and ensure that reconciling items are identified and resolved on a timely basis
- Prepare monthly direct method cash flow
- Facilitate management reporting as is relates to Keypath Education consolidated results
- Provide insight and actual financial results to the FP&A, as needed as it relates to their preparation of the forecast and annual budget
- Assist accounting manager with other accounting duties and special projects
- Proactivity and independently identify any risk or opportunities for our current processes as it relates to the monthly close, billing, reporting, systems
- Contribute to tax activities and filings
- Assist with external audits
- Lead other team members in the department
- Oversee administration of current systems, evaluate current systems and implement new solutions to support significant growth
- Partner with resources across the organization to build scalable processes that help provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting to address company operational needs and support routine and ad hoc work activities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum five years in prior, relevant experience
- Applicant must be flexible and possess the ability to prioritize and work effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Competitive Array of Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Partner Degree Program - Earn a free degree from one of our partner institutions
- RRSP/Retirement Matching Contributions
- Paid Leave Policies
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- Professional Development Programs
- Remote/Flexible Work Options
A little bit about us
Keypath Education is a leading global edtech company partnering with some of the world’s leading Universities to create innovative and in-demand online education programs across a range of disciplines. We are a rapidly growing, fast-moving international team who value community, collaboration, innovation, and lifelong learning.
Certified as a Great Place to Work™, we gather teams of experts from marketing, instructional design, web development, finance, and student service backgrounds, to support University partners in Canada and around the world.
Sure, anyone can tell you how good their company culture is, but we encourage you to read our reviews and form your own opinion. We’ve got a caring and engaged Global CEO who replies to Glassdoor reviews personally and recognizes that the only way we can achieve our vision is through an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, works in harmony, and cares for our community.
Keypath Education is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Keypath’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.