Discover Your Path at Keypath!
At Keypath, we invite you to be part of something transformative. As a global EdTech leader, we collaborate with prestigious universities to create and deliver online education solutions that tackle global social and economic challenges head-on.
Join our dynamic, fast-growing international team that thrives on collaboration, innovation, and lifelong learning. With offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Chicago, and SE Asia, we are truly a global company. Today, we're a family of over 700 passionate "Keypathers" worldwide.
At Keypath Education Malaysia, flexibility is our strength. We put our people first, allowing you to choose where you work – from home, in the office, or both.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Data Engineering team to design & maintain the critical data infrastructure and pipelines that bolster the company’s tactical and strategic data-driven initiatives.
The Data Engineer will be a technical expert in the development of system-to-system integration solutions, complex data warehouse data models, and highly functional semantic layers that translate raw company data into reliable and actionable information.
Additionally, the Data Engineer will ensure data pipelines and systems are efficient and reliable, and support insight and growth across the global Keypath organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and develop Azure Data Factory data integration pipelines and SQL Server data warehouse solutions that support continuous delivery of data insights to business stakeholders.
- Develop complex SQL/TSQL data warehouse procedural processes and data models to drive business insights and support organizational decision making.
- Develop resilient system integration solutions using Azure Functions, Python, and .Net codebases and related development frameworks.
- Work closely with the IT Product team and business sponsors to gather information and data requirements based on business operations feedback and conveyed reporting needs.
- Design and manage Azure Analysis Services semantic-layer models to support business user self-service Power BI analysis initiatives.
- Collaborate with team members on SDLC activities and standards, including code Peer Review and/or Pull Request approvals in Azure DevOps.
- Minimum BS/BA Degree, preferably in a Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics related discipline.
- 4+ years of data engineering experience with a proven history of successfully developing and deploying data warehouse and data integration solutions.
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience developing and implementing data integrations using Microsoft Azure technologies, including Data Factory and SQL Server for data processing, data warehouse, and data modeling solutions.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience using modern data engineering languages and platforms, such as Python, Microsoft .Net, and Azure Functions.
- Proficiency with semantic layer and data packaging concepts (Cubes, Tabular Models), preferably with Microsoft Azure Analysis Services (AAS).
- Expertise in the design and maintenance of Data Pipelines, Data Transformations, and Data Flows within Azure Data Factory.
- Extensive understanding and experience with Agile and scrum engineering practices and principles.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database and Azure data engineering technologies required (ex. Data Factory, SQL/TSQL, Azure Functions, Analysis Services, and Power BI).
- Strong proficiency with Business Intelligence and reporting tools, such as Microsoft Power BI or Tableau.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Azure Data Factory and Azure Functions.
- Understanding of predictive analytics platforms, software, languages, and libraries such as Microsoft Azure ML, SAS, Python, and/or R.
Benefits and Rewards:
- Opportunity to choose how you work - in office, hybrid or remotely
- Comprehensive online remote training.
- All the necessary equipment for success.
- Clear career progression pathways.
- Paid Mental Health days for your well-being.
- Toolkits for Digital Health and Mental Health support.
- Embrace Your Authentic Self: A supportive culture recognized as a top workplace (Ranked #8 on 2023 the Best Places to Work Australia©).
- Global EdTech Leader: Join an industry on the rise.
- Continuous Growth: Upskill through discounted study opportunities.
- Transform the World: Contribute to upskilling and reskilling globally.
- Make an Impact: Help solve future economic and social challenges.
Join Keypath and make a difference. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and offer inclusive support throughout the recruitment process.
Apply now to unlock your potential with Keypath!