Adjunct Clinical Nursing Instructor - BSN - Marymount
Keypath Education is supporting Marymount University in building a pool of persons qualified to teach as adjunct clinical nursing faculty in the Malek School of Nursing.
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes intellectual curiosity, service to others, and a global perspective. Our online ABSN degree promotes career growth and provides opportunities for a lucrative profession in the nursing field.
The Malek School of Nursing seeks applications from potential adjunct clinical faculty for the following areas:
- Medical-surgical Nursing Clinical
- Obstetrics Clinical
- Long Term Care
Marymount University seeks to build a pool of persons qualified to teach Clinical Nursing Courses in local hospitals or clinical sites.
Adjunct faculty are professionals with the responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for Marymount University students with hospitals and clinical sites. The relationship of the adjunct faculty member to the student is one of teacher and facilitator of learning. Each adjunct is hired to guide students and facilitate learning in the clinical setting.
- Supervise a group of 5-8 Marymount ABSN students onsite in the clinical setting
- Clinical hours are typically 8-12 hours per day
- Create a supportive learning environment conducive to attainment of clinical objectives
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, and ethics in the clinical setting
- Promote evidence-based practice
- Evaluate students written work as assigned
- Hold minimum of 1 virtual office hour each week
- Unencumbered Virginia, DC, or Maryland RN license
- Master’s degree in nursing (or program initiated) from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience in the subject area
- Reliable transportation to clinical agency sites
Applicants will be required to submit a current CV and two personal or academic references.
Marymount provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.