Make a world of difference.
From guiding the student experience, to delivering programs that meet the needs of the future-of-work and help solve our global social and economic challenges, every one of our people (Keypathers!) create impact, every day.
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
What is Placement?
Field/Clinical Placement is the portion of the program curriculum that requires students to work with local healthcare providers to build skills and confidence prior to becoming independent practitioners. A student is not eligible to progress and/or graduate from the program without this field experience, thus making a timely and engaging placement site critical to the student’s long-term success. Finding clinical sites can be a great source of stress for students, but we are here to help.
What does the Placement team do?
The Placement team oversees the entire process by building a national network of clinical sites, ensuring that the placement and students are compliant and working with the University to promote a quality field experience that meets the University’s existing standards in relation to their respective governing bodies.
Are you looking for a role where you can be an independent worker, do meaningful work, contribute to team process, genuinely feel productive, and feel heard? If so, our Placement Specialist position at Keypath may be the next step in your career path.
At Keypath Education, our goal is to facilitate a student experience that best prepares students to enter their future career field with confidence. One of the ways we foster this experience is by providing placement services to students. As one of our Placement Team Members, you will assist students in achieving their dreams of being future leaders in their field. Talk about meaningful work!
What does a Placement Specialist do?
As a Placement Specialist you will spend your day forming relationships with the clinical placement sites where students can acquire hands-on learning in their field. This role is a hybrid between sales and customer service; Specialists will be responsible for introducing themselves to prospective providers and securing agreement to work with our students, while also providing quality follow-up to ensure a relationship that extends beyond the first placement. The goal is to ensure that each site is more than just a number and is, in fact, a mutually respected, cultivated relationship that continues to yield a quality student experience. Keeping this process personal grows the University's brand by sending prepared and engaged students to sites across the country. Our priority is always on the relationships built at the student, site, and university level.
- Build partnerships with hospitals, community facilities/clinics and other agency sites for students to complete their clinical rotations and present these sites to Program Director for approval.
- Develop leads for possible partnerships with healthcare agencies.
- Manage relationships with existing clinical agency partners to ensure successful clinical experiences for all students.
- Match students and site in a timely manner to avoid any lapse or delays in class registration.
- Maintain complete knowledge and understanding of our Partners’ curriculum and programs and clearly explain these curricula and programs to clinical partners.
- Identify and assess concerns related to clinical experiences; facilitate appropriate intervention with Placement Coordinators, faculty, and Program Coordinators.
- Working with University Partners and legal teams to secure contracts with sites.
- Serve as role model for faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, and general professionalism.
- Use relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) preferred. Commensurate experience, i.e., healthcare/ placement considered
- 3-5 years of successful demonstration of business development and/or sales competencies. Inside sales and/or sales support skills helpful
- Solid knowledge of or experience working in healthcare field, directly with or for providers
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to collaborate to achieve goals
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and attend to details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentations skills with the ability to develop relationships via phone and in person
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, reporting back to a team
- Competitive array of Medical, Vision and Dental
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Partner Degree Program - earn a free degree from one of our partner institutions
- 401 (k) Retirement Matching Contributions
- Paid Leave Policies
- Paid Holiday Week Shutdown in December
- Summer Flex/Family Flex Days
- Volunteer Time Off
- Professional Development Programs
- Remote/Flexible Work Options
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
A little bit about us
Keypath Education is a leading global edtech company that partners with the world’s leading Universities to create innovative and in-demand online education programs and champion the student journey from enrolment to graduation. We are a rapidly growing, fast-moving international team who value community, collaboration, innovation, and lifelong learning.
Certified as a Best Place to Work by the Chicago Tribune, our in-country office is in Schaumburg, Illinois. We’re growing fast, and our US team is now made up of close to 300 full-time employees. We gather teams of experts from digital marketing, course development, web development, finance, and student service backgrounds to support university partners in the US and around the world.
Keypath Education is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Keypath’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.