People Business Partner
Make a world of difference.
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
From guiding the student experience, to delivering programs that meet the needs of the future-of-work and help solve our global social and economic challenges, every one of our people (Keypathers!) create impact, every day.
Roles at Keypath Education are available as remote, hybrid, or in-office.
Location: Although this position is remote, the ideal candidate will reside in the Chicago metro area.
The Keypath People & Communications Team is driven by our vision “by empowering our people and amplifying our Keypath voice, we enable Keypathers to transform education”.
Our success is attracting, growing, retaining, and connecting the best talent in EdTech and empowering them to transform education.
Reporting to the Vice President People (Americas Europe) the People Business Partner will closely partner with leaders to support the delivery of people & culture initiatives to enable regional strategies & priorities. The role will also coach leaders and build their capacity to enable meaningful and empowering people management that supports Keypathers to be successful.
The People Business Partner is a champion of Keypath’s culture and values and creates a positive employee experience through effective management of employee relations issues.
The role will support the development and delivery of a regional people & culture strategy to the Global Talent Strategy (Attract Talent, Grow Talent, Retain Talent, and Connect Talent).
- Act as a trusted people advisor to their client groups by developing a deep understanding of the client group’s needs & priorities business to develop and execute people initiatives.
- Offer thought leadership to senior leaders to identify people and culture implications of strategic and business plans.
- In partnership with the client group’s leadership team, create employee engagement strategies to promote a high-performance culture where employees thrive and have an opportunity to learn and grow with Keypath.
- Educate and coach our leaders to enable meaningful and empowering people management – building leadership capability to assume increasing responsibility for performance and development of their people, as well as cyclical people programs such as compensation.
- Participate in the attraction and selection of key talent for assigned client groups.
- Provide recommendations for new roles to ensure appropriate career progression and job design aligned to assigned client groups current and future needs, including alignment to Keypath’s Job Structure
- Support managers to make effective Remuneration decisions, in line with Keypath Reward principles and processes.
- Champion effective ways of working in line with the Keypath values.
- Support the development of an inclusive, diverse, and equitable work environment for all Keypathers, supporting the Vice President People (Americas Europe) and Communications & Brand team to roll out DEI initiatives within the Region.
- Create a positive employee experience through effective management of employee relations issues, training and communications, swift resolution of issues, and timely documentation and reporting.
- Investigate and ensure appropriate action is taken related to Employee Relations issues. Partner with the Legal Team to proficiently address any employee relations issues in a timely manner and according to company policy and federal, state, provincial and local laws, and regulations.
- Advise the Global People Team & Executive team on region-specific compliance and employment law and introduce best practices to protect Keypath.
- Provide timely information and/or education to relevant stakeholders on people-related issues.
- In conjunction with Vice President People (Americas Europe) develop initiatives designed to ‘Connect Talent’ by ensuring communication and engagement activities are created to build employee engagement and deepen employee connection to Keypath.
- Lead key stakeholders and employee resource groups in the design, communication, and delivery of employee engagement events.
- Support the roll out of Global employee engagement programs to foster a consistent global culture whilst developing cultural initiatives to ensure regional values and local norms flourish.
- Lead employee engagement survey initiatives to drive high participation rates, clear communication of results and targeted action plans to improve results in targeted areas.
Champion Continuous Improvement
- Champion the implementation of technology solutions to automate HR processes and practices, ensuring high adoption and utilisation within the Region.
- Take a continuous improvement mindset to implement or reimagine people policies and practices to ensure they reflect Keypath culture and market best practice.
- Participate in the continual development of people & culture programs, such as recruiting, retention, compensation, benefits, and Learning & Development.
- Take a data-driven approach to create and analyze metrics associated with key areas of the employee experience to provide analysis and reporting to the Vice President People (Americas Europe) on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Ensure effective communication of people related changes to key stakeholders (Payroll & IT).
- Collaborate across the global, matrix People & Communications team to share good practice, ensure a broad alignment of intent and approach, and provide team coverage as necessary.
- Be "the voice of the Region" in the design phase of Global people & culture programs.
- Collaborate with the Global People Team to implement with the Region initiatives designed to ‘Grow Talent’ including but not limited to leadership development, performance programs, career pathways and planning, onboarding, and learning by support the roll out of Global learning programs across the Region.
- Support total rewards initiatives designed to ‘Retain Talent’ covering Keypath’s Company’s compensation philosophy and structure, benchmarking analysis, competitive and cost-effective benefits programs, recognition, and wellbeing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PHR/SPHR Certification is a plus
- Although this position is remote, the ideal candidate will reside in the Chicago metro area.
- 5+ years of experience in the people & culture space as an advisor or partner
- Proven HR generalist experience leading practices across the employee life cycle in the areas of talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, employee relations and HR systems.
- Experience implementing and working with varied human resource and talent acquisition technology platforms
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal/influencing skills, including the ability to build rapport, coach and influence leaders and peers.
- Strong problem solving, facilitation and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A high degree of judgement and ability to juggle a diverse range of priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Competitive array of Medical, Vision and Dental
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Partner Degree Program - earn a free degree from one of our partner institutions
- 401 (k) Retirement Matching Contributions
- Paid Leave Policies
- Paid Holiday Week Shutdown in December
- Family Flex Program
- 2 Mental Health Days per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- Professional Development Programs
- Remote/Flexible Work Options
A little bit about us
Our people (Keypathers!) are working across North America. Right now, we’re working in many of the United States and provinces of Canada, either in our physical offices (Schaumburg and Toronto) or virtually from home. You can choose where to work if you live near one of our offices. Either way, we’ll support you in doing your best work from your home office.
Keypath Education is a leading global EdTech company partnering with some of the world’s leading Universities to create innovative and in-demand online education programs across a range of disciplines. We are a rapidly growing, fast-moving international team who value community, collaboration, innovation and lifelong learning.
Certified as a Best Place to Work by the Chicago Tribune, in-country office is in Schaumburg, Illinois. We’re growing fast, and our US team is now made up of close to 300 full-time employees. We gather teams of experts from digital marketing, course development, web development, finance, and student service backgrounds to support university partners in the US and around the world.
Sure, anyone can tell you how good their company culture is, but we encourage you to read our reviews and form your own opinion. We’ve got a caring and engaged Global CEO who replies to Glassdoor reviews personally and recognizes that the only way we can achieve our vision is through an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, works in harmony, and cares for our community.
Keypath Education is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Keypath’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.