Product Development Manager
A little bit about us
At Keypath, you can be part of something bigger.
Keypath partners with the world’s leading universities to unlock greatness in every student.
Together, we’re reimagining online degrees to empower students for the future of work and to solve global and social challenges.
As a leading global EdTech company, we partner with world-leading universities to design and deliver the most career-relevant online education solutions that help solve our global social and economic challenges.
We are a fast-growing, and fast-moving international team who value collaboration, innovation, and lifelong learning in our mission to unlock greatness in educators, their students, and our people.
We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Chicago, Toronto, London, and Kuala Lumpur, and we connect, collaborate, and operate as a truly global company. We have experienced tremendous growth since we launched only seven years ago and now have over 700 employees (Keypathers!) across the globe with clear plans to double that in the next few years.
Keypath Education Australia has a distributed workforce. Our people are working all over Australia, in our offices or from their home offices. We put our people first, which means you choose where you want to work from, including if you want to work from home.
The primary purpose of the Product Development Manager role is to lead the commercial validation and development of new program opportunities that align with the Keypath vision to become the leading provider of online education in the APAC region and assist in achieving the new program revenue targets. The role is also responsible for reviewing the existing portfolio of products and giving suggestions for improvements aligned with recent market research and business insight. The Product Development Manager also works closely with the Associate Director of Marketing Strategy to ensure that each program has clearly defined target markets, CVPs and a strategic GTM plan.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Product, the role is highly collaborative, working across Keypath’s product, account management, marketing and learning design teams. The role will work closely with the Market Research Manager, Associate Director Marketing Strategy, and Account Directors to develop programs aligned with market and customer needs.
The role also requires a high level of stakeholder engagement and collaboration with our university and industry partners. This stakeholder engagement involves the development of product-market fit collateral, supporting assets, presenting to and influencing stakeholders around the design and value of the program, and project managing new programs through our product development process to marketing launch.
The Product Development Manager role is a senior role within the Product Development team, and as such is required to lead strategic projects, work on innovative new product opportunities outside of our typical model, and lead the team on best practices of product development and launch.
- Work with Strategy & Insights and Account team leadership to prioritise product pipeline, develop product portfolios for each partner, and deliver new program revenue to target per financial year
- Manage large and complex new products from commercial validation through to design and launch
- Document and present compelling proposals for new program opportunities, including robust financial models, to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the collaboration efforts of internal and external stakeholders to define the target market, program structure, program outcomes and customer value proposition (CVP) for new programs
- Identify insights from data sources relevant to higher education degree demand and employer skills demands across sectors, as well as from Keypath’s internal data that support program development and improvements
- Report on and present insights on program opportunities in relation to overall partner and Keypath portfolio, revenue targets and strategic vision
- Collaborate with ADs of Market Strategy to ensure products launch with strong GTM campaigns
- Work with the Market Research team to develop quantitative and qualitative research to validate program opportunities
- Demonstrate the Keypath Australia values:
- Lifelong Learning
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years' experience in a Marketing or Marketing Research / Product Development role
- Proven ability to communicate to and influence senior stakeholders to support their understanding of program opportunities and to align on product design decisions.
- Proven ability to identify and develop innovative and commercially viable new products.
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of market research methods.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy to successfully deliver business objectives.
- Experience leading cross-team collaboration and project groups.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in successfully interpreting and applying market, industry and economic trends for commercial outcomes.
- Proven experience working with and improving financial models for validating program opportunities.
- Proven experience in taking the initiative to lead the improvement of team processes and practices.
- Proven strategic thinking skills to drive effective and efficient decision making & prioritisation.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Awareness of the degree pathway, accreditation, curriculum and teaching and learning structures of the Education systems of the Australian Higher Education sector a benefit
- Some interstate travel may be required when safe to do so.
So why Keypath?
Be you and belong:
- Sure, anyone can tell you how good their company culture is, but we encourage you to read all of our SEEK reviews to form your own opinion. We also have AWEI Bronze Employer for LGBTIA inclusion, ranked #10 Best Place To Work Australia©, and a Gallup Employee Engagement Score of 4.37.
- We listened to our people and moved to a distributed workforce. So you can work from your home office or in the office, if and when you choose.
- A caring and engaged Global CEO who replies to all Glassdoor reviews personally.
- A dedicated D&I committee
Join the global edtech boom
- We’re a leading EdTech company in a booming industry.
- You’ll have the opportunity to innovate and collaborate with global peers, as we rapidly expand into new markets and with new partners, globally.
Supported to be your best
- We offer discounted study opportunities through our University partners and ongoing in-house training opportunities.
- As we grow, so do your career-path opportunities.
Make a difference in the world
- We have a bold vision to transform education and transform the world.
- We’re helping to upskill and reskill over 30,000 people globally.
- Our programs are purposefully designed to meet the needs of the future of work, helping to solve our future economic and social challenges.
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds, People with Disability, and people from the LGBTQIA+ Community.
*Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.