Lead Software Developer
- Schaumburg, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Make a world of difference.
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
From guiding the student experience, to delivering programs that meet the needs of the future-of-work and help solve our global social and economic challenges, every one of our people (Keypathers!) create impact, every day.
Roles at Keypath Education are available as remote, hybrid, or in-office.
As a Lead Software Developer, you will be a vital member of a team responsible for delivering effective, sophisticated, customized solutions using Microsoft technologies including MSFT Dynamics CRM.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the Product Management Team and Development Manager, to understand business needs and software requirements.
- Work with the Architecture, QA, Development, and Infrastructure teams to produce reliable software implementations that are repeatable across environments.
- Provide both early estimations and detailed task level estimates prior to development of prescribed solutions.
- Design and Develop custom software solutions using Microsoft development technologies including MSFT Dynamics CRM, Azure Services, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Visual C#, and Web API.
- Use Microsoft Azure DevOps throughout SDLC with a solid understanding of Sprint Planning, Repository usage and Pipelines.
- System Test solutions using manual and automated methods, support QC testing and User Acceptance testing as needed
- Contribute to and follow the standards, guidelines and processes defined for the team
- Support and mentor less experienced developers by guiding and providing learning opportunities and performing design and code reviews.
- Perform code reviews of developed software by team members prior to deployment into Pre-prod and Prod environments.
- Keep abreast of technology innovations, including new releases of Microsoft technologies, development best practices, third party add-ons, and infrastructure components.
- 9+ years of software development experience
- Strong background in developing customized solutions using Microsoft technologies including on-premise and cloud-based implementations.
- Must exhibit fluency in software development concepts including Software Design Patterns, Caching, Concurrency, Security, and Relational Databases.
- Experience developing solutions and integrating with Microsoft Dynamics CRM desired.
- Solid communication skills and ability to show a solid understanding of business needs on projects they have previously worked on.
- A passion for developing quality software and working within a team.
- Strong background in designing and implementing robust business solutions, advanced concepts including caching, security, and asynchronous routines
- Experience with multiple third-party Software Development Kits
- Experience with cloud-based APIs
- Knowledge of design patterns and development experience with .NET framework, Microsoft Azure and tools
- Solid database development experience with SQL Server including T-SQL, stored procedures and user-defined functions
- Solid understanding of SDLC using Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution development
- Knowledge of the technical framework of CRM including email, SharePoint, and Active Directory integration options
- Knowledge of Dynamics CRM Architecture, Dynamics CRM API, and Entity Model
- Solid understanding of SDLC using Agile Methodologies
- Experience with software repositories required--Azure DevOps and Git preferred
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of the business needs of past projects
- Ability to think logically and articulate thoughts in a clear, concise manner.
- Can quickly learn and adapt when dealing with unfamiliar systems and applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with managers and co-workers
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and see them through to completion. Display exceptional follow-through, personal drive, and the desire to make a difference.
- Be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done, including occasional overtime.
- Deadline-driven to complete work in a timely manner.
- Passion for developing quality software.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team. Willing to contribute to and participate in an open environment with a team that likes to have fun at work
- Always demonstrate the Keypath values – Commitment, Collaboration, Innovation, and Lifelong Learning
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
A little bit about us
Our people (Keypathers!) are working across North America. Currently, we’re working in many of the United States and provinces of Canada, either in our physical offices (Schaumburg and Toronto) or virtually from home. You can choose where to work if you live near one of our offices. Either way, we’ll support you in doing your best work from your home office.
Keypath Education is a leading global edtech company that partners with the world’s leading Universities to create innovative and in-demand online education programs and champion the student journey from enrolment to graduation. We are a rapidly growing, fast-moving international team who value community, collaboration, innovation, and lifelong learning.
Certified as a Best Place to Work by the Chicago Tribune, our in-country office is in Schaumburg, Illinois. We’re growing fast, and our US team is now made up of close to 300 full-time employees. We gather teams of experts from digital marketing, course development, web development, finance, and student service backgrounds to support university partners in the US and around the world.
Keypath Education is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Keypath’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.