Adjunct OB Clinical Instructor – Reading, PA
- Reading, PA, USA
Keypath Education is supporting Wilkes University’s search for qualified adjunct clinical faculty for Obstetrics rotation.
$50.00 per hour with a Master’s Degree and $55.00 per hour with a Doctoral Degree. One-time bonus of $1000.00 in addition to the salary provided by Wilkes University
Wilkes University has immediate Adjunct Clinical Faculty Positions in the Passan School of Nursing distance Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program. The distance ABSN program prepares individuals with a prior bachelor’s degree to earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing in as soon as one year.
Adjunct Clinical Faculty are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical area at the health care facility in Reading, Pennsylvania. PA license required. Travel stipends are available.
- When: Monday, January 9th - Friday, January 27th, 2023
- Days/Times: 2 days/week of your choosing; 3pm-11:30pm
- What: 54 hours direct clinical experience during a 3-week rotation
- Where: Reading Hospital, Tower Health, 420 S 5th Ave, West Reading, PA 19611
- Number of students: up to 8
Key duties include:
- Collaborate with faculty, administration and with the healthcare partner and its staff
- Facilitate effective student learning in the assigned clinical setting
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical setting related to professionalism, practice, and research
- Select/organize student learning activities to support attainment of clinical objectives
- Promote evidence-based practice
- Provide a supportive learning environment by providing feedback on student progress
- Attend and complete all required orientation, training, and faculty onboarding
- Submit assignment and course grades by imparted timelines
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, and ethics in a clinical setting
- Current unencumbered Pennsylvania RN license
- Master’s degree in nursing required or MSN program initiated
- A minimum of 1 year of clinical experience in OB.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in a clinical setting if required
Include curriculum vitae or resume, current unencumbered RN license, national board certification as appropriate, and degree transcripts.
Wilkes University is an independent, comprehensive university dedicated to academic excellence in the liberal arts, sciences, and selected professional programs. The University has approximately 2,450 students at the undergraduate level and over 1,500 full time equivalent students at the graduate and first professional levels.
Its institutional focus is on developing strong mentoring relationships with each of its students and contributing vitally to economic development of Northeastern Pennsylvania. The University is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, a revitalized city that is located on the lovely Susquehanna River and is within two and one-half hours driving distance of New York City and Philadelphia.
Wilkes University is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The University strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.