IT Product Manager
- Schaumburg, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Make a world of difference.
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
From guiding the student experience, to delivering programs that meet the needs of the future-of-work and help solve our global social and economic challenges, every one of our people (Keypathers!) create impact, every day.
Roles at Keypath Education are available as remote, hybrid or in-office. Applicants for this role must reside within the United States.
The Product Manager - Data Analytics provides analysis, documentation and project management, helping Keypath define our data analytics product vision and leading its execution. They will work closely with functional leaders, end users and subject matter experts across IT, student support, recruitment, marketing, placement and business development services building and delivering product strategy and roadmap, maximizing efficiency and optimization.
Working as a member of an agile team, they will serve as product owner and functional subject matter expert bridging the data team with the product and business teams, ensuring the best data solution for product improvement.
The Product Manager prioritizes data analytic business needs, requests and enhancements by ranking them against strategic goals and business objectives driving feature delivery by defining and documenting detailed stories, functional requirements, wireframes and desired user experience.
The ideal candidate, having previously worked in higher education, will leverage their extensive experience and domain knowledge to define and deliver innovative solutions, solving real-world problems with a hands-on approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibit full ownership of the assigned data assets, their capabilities and future direction
- Interact with all data from different sources in the company and seek innovative solutions to solve problems
- Proactively identify any gaps in functionality or user experience
- Create long term vision and annual technology roadmap for assigned functional area(s), prioritizing features and initiatives based on business value and objectives
- Collaborate with the business to evaluate goals, identify problems, and propose technology driven solutions
- Foster a culture of innovation and ideation, generating feature candidates through end user shadowing, end user surveys and polls, SME / functional leader brainstorming sessions, competitive analysis and technology partner relationships
- Partner with project sponsors to co-author and co-present business cases to senior leadership for technology projects exceeding specified cost or effort thresholds
- Act as a product evangelist, influencing the organization to foster an efficient and effective technology driven culture
- Demonstrate ability to interact with and influence clients, team members and management
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true need and business value
- Elicit and document requirements using interviews, document analysis, data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis. Perform data analysis on existing systems where needed to validate business needs.
- Create appropriate business analysis artifacts: business requirements, non-functional requirements, functional specifications, user stories, process flows, use cases, and user interface wire frames
- Work as a member of an agile delivery team, acting as product owner, and ensuring that the team has a clear and complete understanding of requirements throughout the software development lifecycle and that products meet business expectations and objectives
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Provide project management support, building plans, managing risk and tracking/reporting project status
- Work with the business sponsors to ensure UAT testing is completed and approved
- Provide production system roll out planning, training & associated documentation
Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or information systems or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of higher education experience working in or closely collaborating with recruitment services or student services
- 4+ years of product management or other relevant experience involving direct responsibility for data platforms for analytics, exhibiting full ownership of the product lifecycle from idea to support cases
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence clients, team members and management
- Excellent communication skills, effectively translating systems concepts to a business audience and vice versa
- Effective working with a team and independently
- Strong time management and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Project management experience
- Experience working in projects based on agile and/or iterative software development methodologies
- Experience creating and managing requirements documentation including user stories, process flows, traceability matrices, use cases, and user interface wire frames
- Experience building a technology product roadmap, managing request demand and prioritizing product requests, features and major enhancements
- Experience with data visualization tools like Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with UI wire framing tools
- Experience with agile sprint planning
- Experience with requirement documentation and management tools required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience with CRM platforms, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 (or higher) preferred
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL preferred
- Experience with Analytics implementations and/or data and reporting projects
Special Requirements Specific to Job:
- Think logically and be able to articulate thoughts in a clear, concise manner
- Comfortably work both individually and as part of a group
- Take ownership of assignments and see them through to completion
- Quickly learn and adapt when dealing with unfamiliar systems and applications
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leadership, managers and co-workers
- Meet deadlines and complete work in a timely manner
- Be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done, including occasional overtime
- Display exceptional follow-through, personal drive and the desire to make a difference
- Contribute to and participate in an open environment with a team that likes to have fun at work
- An understanding of the Higher Education and Post-Secondary Education sector
- Competitive array of Medical, Vision and Dental
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Partner Degree Program - earn a free degree from one of our partner institutions
- 401 (k) Retirement Matching Contributions
- Paid Leave Policies
- Paid Holiday Week Shutdown in December
- Family Flex Program
- 2 Mental Health Days per year
- Volunteer Time Off
- Professional Development Programs
- Remote/Flexible Work Options
A little bit about us
Our people (Keypathers!) are working across North America. Right now, we’re working in many of the United States and provinces of Canada, either in our physical offices (Schaumburg and Toronto) or virtually from home. You can choose where to work if you live near one of our offices. Either way, we’ll support you in doing your best work from your home office.
Keypath Education is a leading global EdTech company partnering with some of the world’s leading Universities to create innovative and in-demand online education programs across a range of disciplines. We are a rapidly growing, fast-moving international team who value community, collaboration, innovation and lifelong learning.
Certified as a Best Place to Work by the Chicago Tribune, in-country office is in Schaumburg, Illinois. We’re growing fast, and our US team is now made up of close to 300 full-time employees. We gather teams of experts from digital marketing, course development, web development, finance, and student service backgrounds to support university partners in the US and around the world.
Sure, anyone can tell you how good their company culture is, but we encourage you to read our reviews and form your own opinion. We’ve got a caring and engaged Global CEO who replies to Glassdoor reviews personally and recognizes that the only way we can achieve our vision is through an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, works in harmony, and cares for our community.
Keypath Education is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Keypath’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.