Full Stack Web Developer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Make a world of difference.
From guiding the student experience, to delivering programs that meet the needs of the future-of-work and help solve our global social and economic challenges, every one of our people (Keypathers!) create impact, every day.
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
Our people (Keypathers!) are working across North America. Right now, we’re working in many of the United States and provinces of Canada, either in our physical offices (Schaumburg and Toronto) or virtually from home. You can choose where to work if you live near one of our offices. Either way, we’ll support you in doing your best work from your home office.
This job is only available in the United States or Canada. Applicants must be a permanent resident of the US or Canada.
As a Full Stack Web Developer, you’ll join our academic services team helping to deliver a suite of proprietary educational services. Keypath’s core expertise lies in online education where we partner with universities to deliver a suite of student and academic lifecycle services, including; research, marketing, student recruitment, course development, retention and career services. You will be part of a global team creating exceptional performance, cross-platform code & smart, beautiful and frictionless user journeys.
What you will be doing as a Full-Stack Web Developer:
- Work in a creative team environment to build full stack applications for student engagement
- Provide diligent user testing and ensure your work delivers an intuitive and memorable user experience
- Advise on user interface best practices to meet performance and client requirements
- Develop images for courseware through image creation/manipulation software packages
- Develop animations and interactive elements to enhance student engagement within the online environment
- Mentor Front End Web Developers
- Contribute to continuous improvement
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience with Node.js
- 3+ years of professional experience with Express.js or similar framework
- 1+ years of professional experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, Lambda, RDS)
- Experience with client-side frameworks like Vue.JS or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in server-side development with Node.js and other languages
- Demonstrated experience in Database development with MySQL, PostgresSQL, MongoDB, or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator in particular
- Experience in working collaboratively with wireframes and technical specifications for interactive websites
- Strong HTML skills, and an ability to create elegant, semantically clean mark-up
- Strong understanding of CSS, its cross-browser quirks, responsive design, and a keen eye for details
- Demonstrated experience in managing maintainable, scalable, cross-browser code that is a delight to experience on any device
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2)
- Experience working with learning management systems such as Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas and others is strongly preferred
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to adapt and to solve problems proactively and creatively
- Understanding of the Higher Education Sector is preferred
- Experience with PHP/Laravel is helpful
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proofreading skills
- A critical thinker
- Curious and confident to ask questions and learn quickly
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
- Team player
- Always demonstrate the Keypath values – Commitment, Collaboration, Innovation and Lifelong Learning
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Partner Degree Program - earn a free degree from one of our partner institutions
- RRSP/Retirement Matching Contributions
- Paid Leave Policies
- Holiday Week Shutdown in December
- Remote/Flexible Work Options
- Volunteer Time Off
- Professional Development Programs
Want to make a difference in the world? Become a Keypather.
A little bit about us
Keypath Education is a leading global edtech company that partners with the world’s leading Universities to create innovative and in-demand online education programs and champion the student journey from enrolment to graduation. We are a rapidly growing, fast-moving international team who value community, collaboration, innovation, and lifelong learning.
Certified as a Great Place to Work TM, our in-country office is in Toronto. Today, our Canada team is made up of more than 70 full-time employees. We gather teams of experts from marketing, instructional design, web development, finance, and student service backgrounds across Toronto to support university partners in Canada and around the world.
Sure, anyone can tell you how good their company culture is, but we encourage you to read our reviews and form your own opinion. We’ve got a caring and engaged Global CEO who replies to Glassdoor reviews personally and recognizes that the only way we can achieve our vision is through an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, works in harmony, and cares for our community.
Keypath Education is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Keypath’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.