Financial Wellness Banker-University
- 4700 Brooklyn Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation’s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
At Key we’ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we’re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
Location:4700 Brooklyn Ave - Seattle, Washington 98105
The Financial Wellness Consultant (FWC) role (similar to a Universal Banker) is a hybrid between a Teller and a Personal Banker.
On any given day, you will be supporting branch growth as well executing financial wellness conversations and proactively identifying solutions that assist our clients’ Financial Wellness goals. FWCs are greeters, financial product consultants and teller line transactional support for our clients. You would also be involved in bringing new business into Key. This is a multifaceted position in a fast-paced environment. Every day is different, and the role is best for someone who thrives on variety and challenge.
If you have a passion for financial wellness, helping others, making a difference in your community, and being part of a team, this role could be for you.
What You’ll Get from This Opportunity:
- A competitive base salary + commission.
- Generous benefits – 401(k) matching (dollar-for-dollar up to 6%), PTO, fitness and tuition reimbursement and so much more.
- Paid job training and access to a library of on-demand professional development and training courses.
- This can be a rewarding role. The financial advice we are empowering you to share will impact people's lives in tangible ways.
- An environment that sets you up for success through a customized learning path and proprietary financial wellness technology that does the heavy lifting in guiding clients towards better financial decisions.
- Opportunity to participate in a formal enterprise mentoring program.
- Other performance-based rewards.
- Opportunity to build very broad knowledge of retail banking and financial services products and services and to develop relationships across business lines. Many career paths will be available to you in this role (e.g., Financial Advisor, Branch Manager, Mortgage Lender, etc.). We look for people who are willing to make a commitment to the role for a couple of years and we enable interested employees to advance their career as they learn and develop.
Essential Job Functions:
- FWCs are a client concierge – providing both transactional and account opening services to clients.
- Consistently providing exceptional client experience by helping to create a welcoming environment in our branches.
- Encouraging financial wellness conversations with clients (both impromptu and through appointment setting); educating them on our products and services and deliver challenging, yet achievable sales goals.
- One of the most challenging parts of this role is time management. A successful FWC needs to be a self-starter that manages their time wisely. You will be supported but you will own your days and will need to seek out opportunities to contribute to branch operations while also meeting sales goals.
- To be successful in this role you’ll need to pick up the phone and get out into the field – canvassing, setting appointments, calling on local businesses and existing book of business.
- Developing strong partnerships with colleagues across various lines of business.
- Ensuring compliance with operational, risk and audit procedures and policies including appropriate documentation of client interactions.
- All Branch team members are expected to act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest our clients and Key.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer relationships and building referral sources.
- Demonstrated experience with business partner collaboration and networking.
- Sales-oriented mindset, confident with making outbound calls, being persuasive and overcoming objections.
- Experience in a team-based environment with proven communication, collaboration, and customer service skills.
- Comfort with the branch operations role (e.g., audits, balancing the vault, comfort handling large amounts of cash).
- Working knowledge of PCs (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc.) and digital technology (mobile, apps, web-based browsing).
- Ability to work branch hours, which includes Saturday mornings.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
- Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an office setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
What It’s Like to Work with Us:
Our branches are like families. They are typically small tight-knit groups. KeyBank employees share a passion for helping our communities thrive. Joining a Key branch means joining a family with a singular goal – to help people and local businesses improve their financial confidence. Our branch employees have many great stories about how they have helped their colleagues and people in their community. Come join us and do work that matters.
Key's application process for Financial Wellness Consultant position(s) require that you complete our Skill Match Survey. The Skill Match Survey can be taken via computer or mobile device and will take 20-30 minutes to complete. This will help us to learn more about you and determine if we are a good match. In addition, following the completion of the survey, we’ll provide you with feedback on your top impact skill. After completing the application, you will be prompted to take the Skill Match Survey.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing