39065BR - Teller (20 Hours) - Homer
- 25 S Main St, Homer, NY 13077, USA
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
The role of the Teller is to be welcoming, build rapport and provide outstanding service to the Bank clients while performing account transactions, all of which align to the Branch Playbook. Tellers and all Branch team members are expected to act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest our clients and Key. Duties assigned include:
Primary Teller Functions
- Accept and accurately process all financial service transactions
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing procedures
- Act as a resource to identify and resolve client servicing issues
- Listen for clues for Financial Wellness opportunities during client conversations, and then appropriately transition the client(s) to a Banker
Build Client Rapport
- Provide excellent client service to all KeyBank clients
- Where problem resolution is required, take thorough information from the client and get back to them in a timely manner
- Ensure a confident tone that reassures the client we will follow up with resolution
- Greet and welcome every client as they enter the branch; acknowledge by name, if known
- Assist clients in achieving their financial goals and objectives through the use of Financial Wellness tools
- Participate in client appreciation events
- Address client issues or concerns; engage branch management when needed to provide full solutions for clients
- Help create and establish a business relationship between the Banker and the client
- Coordinate time between Banker and client for business meetings as necessary
- Engage the Lead Teller and or Banker when faced with complex client account issues
- Answer the phone within the Branch professionally, promptly, and pleasantly
- Participate in post/debrief meetings with the branch team involving clients from the day to better understand specific client needs
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent business experience
- 6 months experience in a client service facing role
- A minimum of one week cash handling experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General understanding of PC with Windows based applications and calculator
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged Standing (5-8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Note: Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the link below.