Account Executive, Brand Activation & Hospitality
KemperLesnik (KL), is a leading agency with decades of experience in bringing brands to life. Founded in 1979, the agency is know for its ability to design and implement creative campaigns that move brands forward. We accomplish success by creating deeper connections between brands and their audiences via strategic public relations, brand activation, content marketing and event experiences.
In 2022 and 2023, KemperLesnik was voted one of Chicago’s and the Nation's Best (2022) and Brightest Places to Work.
Located on the Chicago River, KemperLesnik is a new, growing, modern office, located in the heart of Chicago’s downtown area. KemperLesnik is central to all forms of transportation, including the highway. We are steps from both Union Station, Ogilvie Station METRA lines and endless restaurant options. Our building faces the river and features a tenant lounge as well as a fitness facility. The office is located on the 18th floor and is bright with city views. For more information on our company and culture visit our website at www.kemperlesnik.com.
The Account Executive (AE), Brand Activation & Hospitality will assist the day-to-day planning and execution of brand activation programs and hospitality events for all properties and projects within the KemperLesnik portfolio. The selected candidate must understand sports and events and have experience in event & hospitality planning services, setup, and execution preferable with sporting events. Individual must be detail oriented and exhibit quality customer relations and communications skills in order to interact with colleagues, vendors, clients, and sponsors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Working in conjunction with the assigned Supervisor, Brand Activation & Hospitality, the AE will assist in the planning and execution of brand activation programs and hospitality event operations of various KemperLesnik and client events.
Brand activation includes serving as a professional ambassador and project manager for our clients and their products/brands at various events and functions. Responsibilities typically include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding and working knowledge of clients’ brand and products
- On-site consumer engagement
- Activation set up and tear down
- Post-event reporting
Hospitality & Event Coordination
Hospitality and event coordination includes working with preferred vendors to plan and execute travel and hospitality programs for KemperLesnik owned and managed events. Responsibilities typically include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct research and develop resources and presentation materials to help team and clients make decisions about event possibilities.
- Assist in contract negotiations to book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and A/V equipment, make travel arrangements, order event materials to meet the quality expectations of the client.
- Conduct periodic internal and client status meetings as necessary for each assigned project.
- Keep track of event finances including managing budgets, check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning, communication and execution process.
- Assist in developing detailed event run of shows.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters and on-site at events.
- Assist with pre-event guest functions including creating invitations, managing guest lists and attendee registration, and communicating with guests professionally.
- Manage on-site event items including credential distribution, attendee tracking, production, troubleshooting and clean up as necessary.
- Conduct post-event evaluations and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent training & experience.
- 2 - 3 years of relevant event and hospitality experience with emphasis in sports, events, and sponsorship activation.
- Knowledge, interest, in growing event-based businesses.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in event hospitality and activation programs.
- Strong understanding of basic business, marketing, and advertising principles.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint or other software needed to create partnership recap reports.
- Detail oriented, organizational and time management ability.
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently and to self-motivate.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creative problem-solving skills.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, including phone etiquette and written correspondence.
- Ability to develop outstanding internal and external business relationships.
- Understands and provides superior customer service.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- A positive attitude with professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- A strong work ethic.
- True love of events.
- Travel up to 25% of year.
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
General office machines such as personal computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, etc. Utilization of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Microsoft Outlook. VDT glare screen and wrist rest.
Must have the ability to:
- Read and write (English).
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers.
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions.
- Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources.
- Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 30 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 10 lbs regularly.
KemperLesnik Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer