National Sales Director
- 10 S Riverside Plaza, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
KemperLesnik is a leading public relations, events and sports marketing agency serving Fortune 500 clients. Ranked by Crain's Business among Chicago's top PR agencies, KemperLesnik produces award-winning communications programs for B2B firms, global consumer products companies and leading sports brands in addition to constructing acclaimed sports marketing sponsorship platforms and activations. KemperLesnik manages major national and international events, including the Maui Invitational, and numerous PGA Tour affiliated events for more than 30 years. For more information on our company and culture visit our website at www.kemperlesnik.com; Follow us on Twitter: @KemperLesnik and LinkedIn.
KemperLesnik is seeking an energetic and self-motivated National Sales Director to join their team. This individual will be responsible for generating revenue through sales across the agency’s platform of services, including sponsorships of key sports and lifestyle properties owned and managed by KemperLesnik, third-party event management services, public relations services, content production services and brand activation services. The ideal candidate will understand how to sell strategically across the agency’s platform by communicating how the broad portfolio can help brands grow by creating lasting impressions with their customers. The ideal candidate will possess an ability to confidently network with marketing leaders at top-tier brands as well as build relationships with strategic media agencies who manage the advertising budgets for leading brands. Proven national sales experience and contacts are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for closing new business and renewing existing accounts to achieve annual net revenue goals.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with existing and potential customers and accounts
- Research and create target lists for selling across the agency’s platform of services.
- Email and cold call targets to generate leads and interest.
- Personal meetings with prospects to close deals.
- Analyze specific marketing needs of prospects.
- Write compelling proposals with varying marketing elements from a diverse portfolio of assets, properties and services.
- Demonstrate superior presentation skills and professional presence.
- Communicate well across all areas of the company, including with internal agency teams in events, activation, and public relations, who are responsible for managing and organizing logistics across all clients.
- Provide consistent and detailed sales reports.
- Proficiency in using, managing, and reporting through Salesforce.com
- Preferably has worked in a privately owned, performance-driven company where success is measured through brand enhancement, positive returns on the balance sheet and a profitable P&L
- Proven track record in generating new and incremental sales.
- Knowledge, interest, in growing sports and lifestyle related event and activation businesses.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently and to self-motivate.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creative problem-solving skills.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, including phone etiquette and written correspondence.
- Understands and provides superior customer service.
- Bachelor's degree is required with minimum equivalent of 5+ years of full-time experience in sports, media, or agency sales.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com or other software needed to create professional sales proposals.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
The position is based in Chicago at the KemperLesnik home office. Compensation will consist of base salary, plus sales commission.
KemperLesnik is an Equal Opportunity Employer