Senior Account Executive – Event PR
- 10 S Riverside Plaza, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
KemperLesnik is a leading agency with decades of experience in bringing brands to life. Founded in 1979, we are known for our ability to design and implement creative campaigns that move brands forward. We accomplish success by creating deeper connections between brands and customers via strategic media relations, events, engagements, social media, partnerships and promotions. Our teams have worked with some of the more recognized brands of the day to deliver new ideas on how each can stand above the crowd to deliver real business results.
KemperLesnik is one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Places to Work. We are looking for a polished and experienced public relations professional with high basketball acumen to be an integral part of our events and sports PR team. This communicator must be fluent in media relations, social media, digital marketing and content marketing.
Our new colleague will be capable of thinking about the big picture while managing and handling the details of many projects at once. This super-organized person will be responsible for delivering innovative communications programs, securing consistent high-level results, with skills in media operations and media relations. She/he must also be a strong writer and be able to succulently tell stories that resonate.
This new colleague will be joining a talented group of communications pros who are passionate about storytelling, dedicated to doing breakthrough work, are driven to grow in their careers and are committed to giving back in the community. Our colleagues bring passion to their work and have fun in the process.
KemperLesnik is seeking to hire a senior event public relations professional. This person will help to create and implement strategic media relations, digital marketing and social media programs for the agency’s owned and operated events, including the Maui Jim Maui Invitational.
This person will lead media operations and credentialing, ongoing media relations and social media engagement, and much more.
This person must be able to manage others and to work on multiple teams within the agency. Strategic thinking and an ability to execute to drive creative results are musts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop strategic integrated marketing communications plans for owned events
- Draft content calendars for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram handles for all events clients
- Research and maintain up to date media lists
- Assist with brainstorming relevant media pitches, as well as strategic publicity and marketing events
- Assist with the research and drafting of original written, graphic and video content for event promotion, especially as it relates to the Maui Jim Maui Invitational
- Assist with the creation of original graphics - must have experience with Adobe Suite
- Pitch media to generate exposure for events clients
- Support all aspects of event media operations during multiple events throughout the year
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or journalism
- 4-6 years of experience in public relations in an agency, event management, athletic communications setting or equivalent
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrable social media skills
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere and Illustrator
- Experience in the execution of events
- Website administration, editing and publishing skills
KemperLesnik Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer