Senior AI Research Scientist
- Jl. Kemang Raya No.54, RT.8/RW.2, Bangka, Kec. Mampang Prpt., Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12730, Indonesia
- Employees can work remotely
Kata.ai is an Indonesian Conversational Artificial Intelligence company with a focus on creating technology to enhance the understanding of human conversations, improving the way humans collaborate with machines. Kata.ai’s Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology powers MultiPurpose chatbots (virtual customer service / virtual friend) for major corporations in Indonesia across different kinds of industries such as Unilever (FMCG), Telkomsel (Telco), Bank BRI (Financial Services), and Alfamart (Retail).
The company’s proprietary Kata Bot Platform can be leveraged to create feature-rich chatbots on top of Kata.ai’s robust and scalable AI technology platform, ensuring company of any size can easily build their own chatbot on any messaging platform. With this platform, it is now possible for the business to focus on designing engaging interaction for their customers, while Kata.ai handles all the technology aspects of the chatbots.
Established in 2015, the company has become a trusted partner for major corporations such as Microsoft, Accenture, and Line. In 2020, the company received Series-B funding from TransPacific Technology Fund and MDI Venture.
As a Sr. AI Research Scientist, you will conduct state-of-the-art applied research in machine learning and natural language processing. You will collaborate with external researchers to publish research papers and work with other teams within the company to develop advanced NLP products and services.
- Improve our Deep-Learning Based classification, labeling, and generation models
- Build scalable models usable in the production environment
- Follow the latest trend of NLP technologies and research into their applicability with the business needs
- Conduct internal seminars to disseminate new AI and NLP knowledge within the company
- Publish interesting research results in top venues such as ACL, EMNLP, etc., and conduct external talks
- A research MS degree or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science with 2+ years experience in academic/industrial Machine Learning and/or NLP research are welcome to apply.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python or C/C++.
- Experience with linear algebra, calculus, statistics, and machine learning.
- Exposure to industry or academic research, proven with portfolio and/or publication records.
- Exposure to Deep Learning, Neural Networks, NLP, or related fields and a strong interest and desire to learn about them.
- Experience in Pytorch/TensorFlow and Transformers/Huggingface is a plus
- Experience in building one or more parts in an NLP pipeline (e.g. scraping, cleaning, augmentation, pretraining, fine-tuning, and knowledge distillation) is a plus
- Experience in other ML topics (computer vision, image processing, speech, motion, time-series) is a plus.
We value a flexible working hour for our employees.
The most important is we provide a learning experience in Conversational AI Industry.