- Jl. Kemang Raya No.54, RT.8/RW.2, Bangka, Kec. Mampang Prpt., Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12730, Indonesia
Kata.ai is an Indonesian Conversational Artificial Intelligence company with a focus on creating technology to enhance the understanding of human conversations, improving the way humans collaborate with machines. Kata.ai’s Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology powers MultiPurpose chatbots (virtual customer service / virtual friend) for major corporations in Indonesia across different kinds of industries such as Unilever (FMCG), Telkomsel (Telco), Bank BRI (Financial Services), and Alfamart (Retail).
The company’s proprietary Kata Bot Platform can be leveraged to create feature-rich chatbots on top of Kata.ai’s robust and scalable AI technology platform, ensuring company of any size can easily build their own chatbot on any messaging platform. With this platform, it is now possible for the business to focus on designing engaging interaction for their customers, while Kata.ai handles all the technology aspects of the chatbots.
Established in 2015, the company has become a trusted partner for major corporations such as Microsoft, Accenture, and Line. In 2020, the company received Series-B funding from TransPacific Technology Fund and MDI Venture.
We're building the next generation Kata Conversational Platform. Our aim is to build a high-performance and planet-scale conversational platform that's simple and easy to use. Our field is in the intersection of Software Engineering, Natural Language Processing, Distributed Systems, and Human-Computer Interaction.
Besides our FAITH Values, our Technology Team Core Values are:
- Agile — we adapt, plan, and do things according to the situation
- Ask why — we bring values based on good reason
- Innovate — we keep improving by creating or finding new way to deliver values to our customer
- Tough — we love challenges and work together to overcome them
- Humble — we keep our heads down and continuously improving
- Friendly — we cherish connections where trust is manifested and ego is abnegated
- Safe Space — we embrace making mistakes as a means to learn something new
As a Software Engineer, your responsibilities are:
- Design and develop new features
- Deliver clean and maintainable software
- Improve current features to be better on performance and efficiency
- Practice Test-Driven Development
- Debug bug and issues
- Work together with Junior Software Engineers and give guidance to them
- Strong passion in software engineering and technology
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and OOP Knowledge
- 1-2 year experience (as professional) with .NET / Spring / Play / Laravel /Rails / NodeJS (Express JS and others)
- Have experience at least 2 SDLC
- Experience in Unit Testing or TDD.
- Experience in SQL or NoSQL database.
- Experience in designing and developing RESTful API.
- Familiarity with SOA / Microservice architecture.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Experience with Agile framework such as scrum or kanban
We value a flexible working hour for our employees.
The most important is we provide a learning experience in Conversational AI Industry.