Talent Acquisition Specialist
- 125 Saint Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand
Kami is an award-winning startup based in Auckland, New Zealand. Our leading digital classroom app offers meaningful solutions to over 26 million users worldwide, helping educators create a more interactive and collaborative learning experience for the students.
You’ll join at a pretty magical time. Kami’s user base is growing and thriving. With over 26M users and over 50 team members based across Auckland, the USA, UK and Brazil we’re really proud of all the accomplishments and milestones we’ve achieved, so far. This is a chance to join our team and become an integral member of Kami’s growth.
"Working at Kami has been an adventure-packed experience. Many of my best memories are from my time at Kami, from parties at the office, to bowling in Chicago! There are a constant stream of learning and career growth opportunities and no shortage of rewards for a job well done." - Chinmayee (Creative Director), Happy Kami team member since 2017
"Working on a mission that reaches millions with the most hardworking, talented team is simply the best! I go to work every day motivated and inspired—this says a lot about our amazing culture and workspace." - Alberllie (Community Marketing Manager), Happy Kami team member since 2018
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the Kami team and manage our full-cycle recruiting processes.
Talent Acquisition Specialist responsibilities include identifying current and future hiring needs, advertising job openings online and interviewing and evaluating candidates.
Ultimately, you will help us build a strong employer brand and ensure we provide a positive candidate experience.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to write job ads for current openings
- Advertise job openings on careers pages, job boards and social networks (e.g. Seek)
- Source candidates through online channels (e.g. professional networks and portfolio sites)
- Screen resumes and applications and update candidates on hiring processes
- Interview candidates during various hiring stages, including phone, first-round and second-round interviews
- Report to hiring managers on the status of open positions
- Evaluate candidates based on their interview and assignment performance
- Determine qualification criteria for each position
- Analyse turnover and retention rates to forecast hiring needs
- Update job descriptions (e.g. add tasks or modify requirements)
- Answer candidates’ queries regarding the application process
- Provide interview feedback, when necessary and appropriate
- Participate in job fairs to boost Kami’s reputation
- Help new hires onboard
- Proven work experience as an Internal Recruiter, Recruiter or similar role
- Solid understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Experience using various interview formats (e.g. phone, structured, group)
- Ability to organise skills assessment centers (e.g. job simulation activities, work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests)
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc in Human Resources or relevant field
- Experience in a start up environment and or technology industry is beneficial
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Working for a people-first employer that is on an inspiring mission to build the future of education and is changing the lives of millions
- Excellent perks including a reserved car park in Parnell, catered lunches, regular social events, wellness activities, and much more!
- Flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities
Kami is an equal opportunity workplace, and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please let us know.
Please note that due to current border closure in New Zealand, we can only consider applicants currently in the location of the role and a valid visa to apply.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now and let's talk.