- Level 3, 125 St Georges Bay Rd, Auckland, New Zealand
Kami is the world’s #1 digital classroom tool for personalised and collaborative learning. A semi-finalist in the New Zealander of the Year awards, Kami is having a real impact not just here at home but for over 24 million educators and students around the world.
You’ll join at a pretty magical time. Kami’s user base is growing and thriving. With over 24M users and 45 team members based across Auckland, the USA, and Brazil we’re really proud of all the accomplishments and milestones we’ve achieved, so far. This is a chance to join our team and become an integral member of Kami’s growth.
"Working at Kami has been an adventure-packed experience. Many of my best memories are from my time at Kami, from parties at the office, to bowling in Chicago! There are a constant stream of learning and career growth opportunities and no shortage of rewards for a job well done." - Chinmayee (Creative Director), Happy Kami team member since 2017
"Working on a mission that reaches millions with the most hardworking, talented team is simply the best! I go to work every day motivated and inspired—this says a lot about our amazing culture and workspace." - Alberllie (Programs Manager), Happy Kami team member since 2018
We are looking for a digital creative with a background in flat vector design, illustration, print design, photo editing, icon/logo design, branding and basic animation. Kami is growing exponentially and we need someone with the skills and drive to implement the video content required to support this growth trajectory. You will be challenged and sure to grow just as fast as Kami.
You will be responsible for pro-actively producing fresh, fun graphics and animations that will engage with our target audience. You will be working closely with our Creative Director to produce content and working with the Marketing team to meet goals and implement effective content marketing strategies. Ideally, you will have an interest or passion for tech startups and education.
- Ideation of graphics and animations that align to our wider guidelines, objectives and purpose
- Create graphics for animation team (prepping Adobe Illustrator files and layers for animation)
- Merchandise design (posters, keychains, cups, coasters, t-shirts, etc)
- Create graphics for blog, email, social media posts and banners
- Providing ideas and creative input to help with marketing strategies
- Work cross functionally with marketing, sales, creative, customer success, and product to deliver content that drives acquisition, adoption, retention, and reactivation
We’re looking for someone who
- Is confident in a fast paced and ambitious startup environment
- Has the ability to self manage and take initiative
- Has exceptional attention to detail
- Has strong project management, creative thinking, and analytical skills
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on deadlines; organised with a can-do attitude!
- Is passionate in their field and constantly learning new skills/apps
- Minimum two year’s experience in graphic design, basic to intermediate knowledge of animation.
- Experienced in working with the flat vector design style
- Can follow brand guidelines across all content to create consistent visuals
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets), etc.
- Familiarity and experience in producing content for mobile and other devices. You should be familiar with various file types, sizes, and requirements to produce the best content.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Working for a people-first employer that is on an inspiring mission to build the future of education and is changing the lives of millions
- Excellent perks including a reserved car park in Parnell, catered lunches, regular social events, wellness activities, and much more!
- Flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities
Kami is an equal opportunity workplace, and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please let us know.
Please note that due to current border closure in New Zealand, we can only consider applicants currently in the location of the role and a valid visa to apply.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now and let's talk.