Senior Content Specialist
- Level 3, 125 St Georges Bay Rd, Auckland, New Zealand
Kami is an award-winning startup based in Auckland, New Zealand. Our leading digital classroom app offers meaningful solutions to over 23 million users worldwide, helping educators create a more interactive and collaborative learning experience for the students.
You’ll join at a pretty magical time. Kami’s user base is growing and thriving. With over 23M users and 45 team members based across Auckland, the USA, and Brazil we’re really proud of all the accomplishments and milestones we’ve achieved, so far. This is a chance to join our team and become an integral member of Kami’s growth.
"Working at Kami has been an adventure-packed experience. Many of my best memories are from my time at Kami, from parties at the office, to bowling in Chicago! There are a constant stream of learning and career growth opportunities and no shortage of rewards for a job well done." - Chinmayee (Creative Director), Happy Kami team member since 2017
"Working on a mission that reaches millions with the most hardworking, talented team is simply the best! I go to work every day motivated and inspired—this says a lot about our amazing culture and workspace." - Alberllie (Community Marketing Manager), Happy Kami team member since 2018
Kami is the world’s #1 digital classroom tool for personalised and collaborative learning. A semi-finalist in the New Zealander of the Year awards, Kami is having a real impact not just here at home but for over 24 million educators and students around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced content marketing specialist to join our fast-growing team, reporting to the Marketing Director. This role will see you lead and execute our global content strategy across all markets, segments, and formats. It will suit someone equal part analytic and creative with a keen understanding of the role content plays in the organic growth of a company and moving customers along a funnel.
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective content marketing strategy that works across the funnel from building and bringing awareness to Kami users and non-users alike and pushing users along the funnel to keeping existing customers engaged and reactivating lapsed ones.
- Spearheaded the creation and project management of marketing assets across email, blog, educational guides, testimonials, website, presentations, videos, case studies, newsletters, webinars, and other formats/properties.
- Be equal part analytic and creative to drive the delivery of high performing content that answers questions and alleviates customer pain points
- Understand how to measure, analyse, and report on content metrics and apply learnings to future assets or campaigns
- Directly manage and mentor a copywriter, being passionate about great copy yourself
- Work closely with the social media manager on content alignment and amplification
- Work closely with the SEO specialist to ensure all content is optimised for search and jump on emerging trends, content gaps, and other opportunities
- Work closely with the internal creative team in the end to end creation of assets
- Understand our various user journeys and segments to tailor content around
- Source, manage, and execute third party content partnerships
- Establish credibility , define our messaging and build both Kami (externally) and yourself (internally) into a content thought leader
- Advantageous if you are equally qualified in any or all of the following; email marketing, automation, SEO, paid preferred but not essential
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing
- Strong project management, creative thinking, and analytical skills
- Proficient in using Wordpress
- Confident in a fast paced and ambitious startup environment
- Ability to self manage and take initiative
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Native-level proficiency in English
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Background in SaaS, tech, education, or other Kami-relevant industries
- 2+ years of experience in any or all of the following; email marketing, automation, SEO, paid preferred but not essential
- Experience leveraging quant and/or qual research methods to incorporate human insight into content strategy
- Proven ability to identify and drive A/B test methodology and implementation
- Ability to manipulate data; Excel or SQL skills
- Experience using SEO and analytic tools (Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Search Console, etc) preferred but not essential
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Working for a people-first employer that is on an inspiring mission to build the future of education and is changing the lives of millions
- Excellent perks including a reserved car park in Parnell, catered lunches, regular social events, wellness activities, and much more!
- Flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities
Kami is an equal opportunity workplace, and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please let us know.
Please note that due to current border closure in New Zealand, we can only consider applicants currently in the location of the role and a valid visa to apply.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now and let's talk.