Senior SEO Specialist
- Level 3, 125 St Georges Bay Rd, Auckland, New Zealand
Kami is an award-winning startup based in Auckland, New Zealand. Our leading digital classroom app offers meaningful solutions to over 23 million users worldwide, helping educators create a more interactive and collaborative learning experience for the students.
You’ll join at a pretty magical time. Kami’s user base is growing and thriving. With over 23M users and 45 team members based across Auckland, the USA, and Brazil we’re really proud of all the accomplishments and milestones we’ve achieved, so far. This is a chance to join our team and become an integral member of Kami’s growth.
"Working at Kami has been an adventure-packed experience. Many of my best memories are from my time at Kami, from parties at the office, to bowling in Chicago! There are a constant stream of learning and career growth opportunities and no shortage of rewards for a job well done." - Chinmayee (Creative Director), Happy Kami team member since 2017
"Working on a mission that reaches millions with the most hardworking, talented team is simply the best! I go to work every day motivated and inspired—this says a lot about our amazing culture and workspace." - Alberllie (Community Marketing Manager), Happy Kami team member since 2018
Kami is the world’s #1 digital classroom tool for personalised and collaborative learning. A semi-finalist in the New Zealander of the Year awards, Kami is having a real impact not just here at home but for over 24 million educators and students around the world.
We’re on the hunt for an ambitious self-starter who lives and breathes SEO in order to take our SEO strategy to the next level and join our fast-growing team. Reporting to the Marketing Director, organic search is a vital growth channel for Kami.
- Lead the development and implementation of our SEO strategy
- Champion our organic search performance and take ownership of the health and optimisation of all Kami properties (Wordpress website and blog, Chrome marketplace listings, etc) to increase the visibility, ranking, and traffic
- Using keyword research, identify customer pain points and implement strategies to solve them
- Manage and execute all aspects of onpage and technical SEO
- Collaborate with content marketing team to identify content opportunities and define, prioritise, and track performance across both owned and third party content marketing platforms
- Regular audits and analysis or properties for optimisation opportunities, keyword expansion, establish benchmarks, performance reports, and stay on top of the competitive landscape
- You will need to be proficient in Wordpress
- Stay updated on search industry trends and train the wider team on best practices
- Advantageous if you are equally qualified in SEM, able to plan and execute paid search campaigns, monitor and report on performance, A/B test, and incorporate learnings into future campaigns.
- 3+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Experience using SEO and analytic tools (Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Search Console, etc)
- Confident in a fast paced and ambitious startup environment
- Ability to self manage and take initiative
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Proficient experience with Wordpress
- 2+ years of SEM experience preferred but not essential
- Experience leveraging quant and/or qual research methods to incorporate human insight into SEO strategy
- Proven ability to identify and drive A/B test methodology and implementation
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Working for a people-first employer that is on an inspiring mission to build the future of education and is changing the lives of millions
- Excellent perks including a reserved car park in Parnell, catered lunches, regular social events, wellness activities, and much more!
- Flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities
Kami is an equal opportunity workplace, and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please let us know.
Please note that due to current border closure in New Zealand, we can only consider applicants currently in the location of the role and a valid visa to apply.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now and let's talk.