Social Media Executive
- Level 3, 125 St Georges Bay Rd, Auckland, New Zealand
Kami is an award-winning startup based in Auckland, New Zealand. Our leading digital classroom app offers meaningful solutions to over 23 million users worldwide, helping educators create a more interactive and collaborative learning experience for the students.
You’ll join at a pretty magical time. Kami’s user base is growing and thriving. With over 23M users and 40 team members based across Auckland, the USA, and Brazil we’re really proud of all the accomplishments and milestones we’ve achieved, so far. This is a chance to join our team and become an integral member of Kami’s growth.
"Working at Kami has been an adventure-packed experience. Many of my best memories are from my time at Kami, from parties at the office, to bowling in Chicago! There are a constant stream of learning and career growth opportunities and no shortage of rewards for a job well done." - Chinmayee (Creative Director), Happy Kami team member since 2017
"Working on a mission that reaches millions with the most hardworking, talented team is simply the best! I go to work every day motivated and inspired—this says a lot about our amazing culture and workspace." - Alberllie (Community Marketing Manager), Happy Kami team member since 2018
With a core part of this role being community management, this role is suited to someone who can foster and help our community grow. You are confident being a voice of the brand and loves social media and building relationships.
This person will lead community management across all owned channels as well as engaging on third-party channels where people are talking about Kami. You will work closely with our awesome Social Media Manager to develop, plan and implement content to assist the wider goal of getting Kami to 100 million users.
- You will be the face and voice of the brand on Social and within our community.
- You will monitor and engage with the Kami Community on a regular basis. This is a core part of the role.
- You have to be comfortable being the face and voice of the brand.
- You will team up with the Social Media Manager for scheduling posts, reporting, and all things social.
- You will work closely with the customer success team, to understand what is happening with our wider community, identify trends, and troubleshoot customer queries on social.
- You will monitor and engage in competitor and external educator’s groups where Kami-related questions may arise.
- Social analysis to identify common trends, product feedback, mentions alongside other apps, comparisons with competitors. NPS.
- Work closely with the Programs team, our customer success teams and wider Kami teams, to ensure all Kami needs are met.
- Sharing insights with the Marketing team on a weekly basis based on social listening activities.
Channels to manage:
- All social media channels
- Community Forum
- Review sites (G2, Common Sense Education, etc.)
- Socials & platforms Kami doesn’t own but is talked on (Reddit, Quora, other Facebook groups/communities, etc)
- Chrome Web Store reviews
- Other community channels as they arise.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Familiar with social media tools.
- Have a great understanding of our audience and how to best communicate with empathy, transparency and urgency.
- Technical competence for product updates.
- Easy to approach, doesn’t have a problem apologizing when things go wrong.
- Copywriting skills. Spelling, grammar and punctuation. Emoji-user.
- Have a great understanding of maintaining the sense of community in building long-lasting relationships
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Working for a people-first employer that is on an inspiring mission to build the future of education and is changing the lives of millions
- Excellent perks including a reserved car park in Parnell, catered lunches, regular social events, wellness activities, and much more!
- Flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities
Kami is an equal opportunity workplace, and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please let us know.
Please note that due to current border closure in New Zealand, we can only consider applicants currently in the location of the role and a valid visa to apply.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now and let's talk.