UI/UX Designer (Web Application)
- Level 3, 125 St Georges Bay Rd, Auckland, New Zealand
Kami is an award-winning startup based in Auckland, New Zealand. Our leading digital classroom app offers meaningful solutions to over 23 million users worldwide, helping educators create a more interactive and collaborative learning experience for the students.
You’ll join at a pretty magical time. Kami’s user base is growing and thriving. With over 23M users and 40 team members based across Auckland, the USA, and Brazil we’re really proud of all the accomplishments and milestones we’ve achieved, so far. This is a chance to join our team and become an integral member of Kami’s growth.
"Working at Kami has been an adventure-packed experience. Many of my best memories are from my time at Kami, from parties at the office, to bowling in Chicago! There are a constant stream of learning and career growth opportunities and no shortage of rewards for a job well done." - Chinmayee (Creative Director), Happy Kami team member since 2017
"Working on a mission that reaches millions with the most hardworking, talented team is simply the best! I go to work every day motivated and inspired—this says a lot about our amazing culture and workspace." - Alberllie (Community Marketing Manager), Happy Kami team member since 2018
We are looking for a dynamic Web App UI/UX Designer who will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of the Kami Web Application and various other digital assets. You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimised for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
- Investigating user experience design requirements for Kami and our integrations across iOS, Android, Windows etc.
- Developing and conceptualising a comprehensive user interface and experience strategy for Kami
- Producing high quality user experience design solutions through wireframes, flow diagrams, site maps, and prototypes
- Designing app interface elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for Kami
- Testing in-app user interface elements such as onboarding, pop-up announcements, messaging, dialogue boxes
- Collaborating with the marketing, engineering and creative teams to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the user
- Some website upkeep and maintenance work with creative and engineering teams
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyse and predict user behavior
- Creating prototypes and testing environments and working with other teams to run user tests on new features
- Adhering to Kami Brand Guidelines in creating UX/UI solutions
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years’ UI/UX design experience for digital apps/web apps.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for App Design and web/mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems and Adobe Creative Suite.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Must have used and played around with the Kami web app (free trials to the complete app available upon sign up)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Working for a people-first employer that is on an inspiring mission to build the future of education and is changing the lives of millions
- Excellent perks including a reserved car park in Parnell, catered lunches, regular social events, wellness activities, and much more!
- Flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities
Kami is an equal opportunity workplace, and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please let us know.
Please note that due to current border closure in New Zealand, we can only consider applicants currently in the location of the role and a valid visa to apply.
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now and let's talk.