Director of IR and Corporate Communications
- Watertown, MA, USA
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using its proprietary AMPPLIFY™ mucus-penetrating particle (MPP) Drug Delivery Technology, with an initial focus on the treatment of eye diseases. Kala has applied the AMPPLIFY Drug Delivery Technology to a corticosteroid, loteprednol etabonate (LE), designed for ocular applications, resulting in the August 2018 FDA approval of INVELTYS® for the treatment of inflammation and pain following ocular surgery and its lead product candidate, KPI-121 0.25%, for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease.
The Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications will be responsible for ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors, media, and all other relevant stakeholders. This role will support Management in developing the overall investor relations and corporate communications strategy and will be responsible for its execution. This individual will serve as one of the primary contacts with the investor community. The holder of this job will report directly to the VP of Strategy and will have significant exposure to senior leadership. This is an opportunity for the right individual to join a growing and dynamic organization. Come join an experienced and highly motivated team!
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Work with VP of Strategy and the Company Leadership team to develop and execute a comprehensive suite of IR and corporate communications programs and strategies to enhance the perception and visibility of Kala within the investment and biotechnology/pharmaceutical communities
- Assist in preparing materials for business updates and quarterly earnings calls, including press releases, conference call scripts, and earnings slides
- Manage corporate overview presentation and the IR section of corporate website
- Manage Public Relations Firm and external media relations
- Help organize, plan, attend and track Company road shows, presentations, speaking engagements and conferences
- Serve as primary contact and resource for fielding investor calls, requests for information, and shareholder questions
- Manage third party vendors and resources
- BA/BS required; degree in the life sciences or finance preferred
- Requires 7+ years of experience, 2+ years of IR/Corporate Communications experience at a public biotech/pharma/life science company
- Requires excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, organizational, time and project management skills to prioritize and complete multiple assignments and coordinate workflow
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Concur, and Outlook
- Must be able to anticipate needs, be proactive and exercise independent decision-making
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment, and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for inspiring employees and investors
Kala Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package.