Financial Reporting Manager
- Watertown, MA, USA
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using its proprietary AMPPLIFY™ mucus-penetrating particle (MPP) Drug Delivery Technology, with an initial focus on the treatment of eye diseases. Kala has applied the AMPPLIFY Drug Delivery Technology to a corticosteroid, loteprednol etabonate (LE), designed for ocular applications, resulting in the August 2018 FDA approval of INVELTYS® for the treatment of inflammation and pain following ocular surgery and its lead product candidate, KPI-121 0.25%, for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease.
We are seeking a Financial Reporting Manager with extensive SEC reporting experience. This is an opportunity for the right individual to join Kala at a very exciting time. Come join an experienced and highly motivated team!
Key Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Manage all aspects of our external SEC documents, including the 10K, 10Q, 8K and other ad hoc filings
- Partner with the VP and Controller to lead Sarbanes-Oxley compliance effort
- Coordinate the review of filings with external auditors, legal counsel, accounting staff and executive management
- Research accounting literature and apply technical US GAAP standards to complex business issues
- Lead implementation efforts and ongoing monitoring of significant new pronouncements, including ongoing communication and education of financial management on pronouncements
- With support from the accounting department, and coordinate the quarterly review and annual audit process with our external auditors
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external tax resources.
- Primary responsibility for tracking and accounting for equity based compensation.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- CPA required
- Bachelor/master’s degree in accounting
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Public accounting experience required with public company clients – straight from public or mix of public/industry
- Big 4 experience strongly preferred
- Pharmaceutical or Life Science company experience
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Verbal)
- Possess technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting including SEC reporting, stock option accounting, revenue recognition, acquisitions, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Demonstrated recent experience in researching and preparing technical accounting memorandums for complex issues and new pronouncements
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Ability to manage competing priorities with deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
Kala Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package.