Territory Sales Manager - Louisville, KY / Indianapolis, IN
- Louisville, KY, USA
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using its proprietary AMPPLIFY TM Drug Delivery Technology, with an initial focus on the treatment of eye diseases. Kala’s first approved is INVELTYS TM, the first and only corticosteroid for the treatment of inflammation and pain following ocular surgery. Kala’s lead pipeline candidate is KPI-121 0.25%, for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease, for which a New Drug Application (NDA) has been filed with the FDA and a target action date under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) has been set for August 15, 2019.
As the Territory Sales Manager (TSM), you will be part of the inaugural specialty sales team responsible for the successful promotion of approved Ophthalmology products. You will have the opportunity to join a team of motivated individuals and help bring our first FDA-approved product, INVELTYS, to our patients. This is done through establishing partnerships with key Ophthalmologist, Ophthalmic surgeons, and ambulatory surgery center (ASC) accounts and regional / local hospital systems. The TSM utilizes approved tools and resources for product promotion and maintains competencies in clinical information, selling skills and territory management expertise. You will be responsible for meeting sales goals. Accomplishment of these goals must comply with Kala Pharmaceuticals policies and procedures. This position reports to a Regional Sales Leader.
- Create and implement strategically sound business plans and tactical strategies within the assigned geographic territory to achieve individual, territory and company goals for sales, market share, call metrics and appropriate sample distribution.
- Manage daily sales responsibilities including:
- Promote product(s) via face to face interactions with assigned HCP targets, engaging them in in-depth product discussions/presentations
- Maintain call productivity and call plan execution
- Effectively and persuasively communicate with customers using selling, listening and negotiation skills, aligned to marketing messaging and resources.
- Create and maintain a positive relationship with both internal and external customers.
- Effectively utilize and manage budget.
- Models only the highest level of professional behavior and ethics.
- Collaborate with the market access team to optimize payer access opportunities.
- Understands reimbursement issues within the payer landscape:
- Commercial Managed Care
- Medicaid (Fee for Service, Managed Care Organizations)
- Medicare Part D
- Specialty Pharmacy and Pharmacy Benefit Managers
- ACOs and other Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs)
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from a four-year accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical sales experience.
- 1 year of specialty pharmaceutical sales experience.
- 2 years of experience in ophthalmology sales strongly preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Launch experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Commercial payer, Medicare and Medicaid structure systems.
- Ability to effectively discover and address customer needs with compelling messages and solutions.
- Results-oriented professional who demonstrates strong problem-solving skills with quick, flexible assessment of situations and implementation of decisions.
- Demonstrated teamwork ability with high emotional intelligence and openness to coaching.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and working proficiency in using iPad and working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of PHARMA Guidelines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.