Head of Supply Chain
- Watertown, MA, USA
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using its proprietary AMPPLIFY TM Drug Delivery Technology, with an initial focus on the treatment of eye diseases. Kala’s first approved is INVELTYS TM, the first and only corticosteroid for the treatment of inflammation and pain following ocular surgery. Kala’s lead pipeline candidate is KPI-121 0.25%, for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease, for which a New Drug Application (NDA) has been filed with the FDA and a target action date under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) has been set for August 15, 2019.
We are seeking a strong leader to develop our Supply Chain operations for novel therapeutic products. This is an opportunity for the right individual to build supply operations from the ground up. Come join an experienced and highly motivated team!
- Evaluate Kala’s supply chain model and supply capabilities of supply chain partners. Develop and implement overall strategy to ensure continuous supply. Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Oversee and orchestrate activities to support launch of Kala’s first commercial products.
- Ensure that Kala’s supply chain activities are consistent with quality and regulatory requirements.
- Establish Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) for Kala that establishes appropriate plans for production, warehousing and transportation. Coordinate and orchestrate supply activities with internal stakeholders (Manufacturing, Finance, QA, Regulatory, Commercial, R&D) to ensure continuous supply.
- Document and communicate production plans with senior management team.
- Manage key relationships with external parties. This will include third party logistics providers (3PL’s), transportation partners, customs brokers and component suppliers. Negotiate agreements with partners.
- Work closely with Finance to establish and manage supply chain budgets.
- Oversee activities related to Kala’s compliance with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA). Manage relationships with service providers related to DSCSA.
- Lead supply chain aspects of ERP implementation.
- Establish transportation strategies and manage day-to-day movement of goods, including international shipments.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in supply operations for pharmaceuticals, biotech or medical devices.
- Strong understanding of the challenges in supply of regulated products.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Must be action oriented and willing to lead. Must have the ability to orchestrate and coordinate teams of internal and external stakeholders. Must have ability to thrive in a small and quickly growing organization.
- Must have strong working knowledge of best practices in supply management. Experience with S&OP is required. Knowledge of ERP and related supply management tools is required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%.
Kala Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package.