Senior Staff Accountant
- Watertown, MA, USA
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using its proprietary AMPPLIFY TM Drug Delivery Technology, with an initial focus on the treatment of eye diseases. Kala’s first approved is INVELTYS TM, the first and only corticosteroid for the treatment of inflammation and pain following ocular surgery. Kala’s lead pipeline candidate is KPI-121 0.25%, for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease, for which a New Drug Application (NDA) has been filed with the FDA and a target action date under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) has been set for August 15, 2019.
Kala is a commercial stage pharmaceutical company. We are seeking an experienced Accountant to join a growing and dynamic organization. This is an opportunity for the right individual to join Kala at a very exciting time. Come join an experienced and highly motivated team!
Key Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Record an analyze inventory and cost of goods sold under standards costing.
- Accurate and timely completion of month end, quarter end and year end close responsibilities.
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances. Preparation of audit schedules for the annual financial audit with external auditors.
- Support the development of and adherence to internal control processes.
- Other projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Prior cost accounting experience
- Proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in order to assist in preparation of financial statements
- CPA or CPA track preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Previous experience at a publicly traded company, with a strong preference for Pharmaceuticals / Life Sciences.
- Previous exposure to multiple ledgers (Inventory, A/P, AR, General, Fixed Assets…)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple, competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with enterprise accounting software, Oracle preferred but not required
Kala Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package.