- Watertown, MA, USA
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using its proprietary AMPPLIFY TM Drug Delivery Technology, with an initial focus on the treatment of eye diseases. Kala’s first approved is INVELTYS TM, the first and only corticosteroid for the treatment of inflammation and pain following ocular surgery. Kala’s lead pipeline candidate is KPI-121 0.25%, for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease, for which a New Drug Application (NDA) has been filed with the FDA and a target action date under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) has been set for August 15, 2019.
We are seeking a seasoned Executive Assistant that has experience supporting C-level executives in a growing and dynamic organization. This individual will support our CEO, CFO, and CSO. This is an opportunity for the right individual to come onboard and assist three Officers with administrative support, calendar management, travel, and other tasks with discretion in a fast-paced environment. Come join an experienced and highly motivated team!
Key Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Provide direct senior executive level support to the C-level individuals.
- Responsible for complex calendar management and establishing an open line of communication with the admin team to coordinate meetings for the Executives.
- Manage domestic and international travel with strong attention to detail.
- Coordinate meetings/conferences and provide full logistical support including booking rooms, ordering catering, creating slide decks, and handling IT set up.
- Manage expense reports for executive officers
- Exemplify extreme discretion while preparing confidential documents and correspondence such as letters, emails, PPTs, etc.
- Facilitates Board meeting processes by communicating with Board Members and preparing needed documents and meeting minutes.
- Maintain a current list of all Board and Executive Committee members ensuring all website, database and printed materials are updated. Obtain photos, biographies and information for new Board Members.
- Requires 10+ years of experience in a senior executive support role; college degree required.
- Previous C-level support experience is required.
- Experience working with an administrative team and ability to partner with the administrative staff to work as a cohesive team at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand nuance and adapt communication style based on the situation.
- Must be articulate and confident; must possess poise and show discretion.
- Must be flexible, highly organized, detail oriented and self-directed.
- Ability to network across the organization effectively and develop and maintain working relationships with the Kala team.
- Strong planning, organizational, time and project management skills to prioritize and complete multiple assignments and coordinate workflow.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Concur, and Outlook.
- Must be able to anticipate needs, be proactive and exercise independent decision-making while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.