Head of Human Resources
- Watertown, MA, USA
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using its proprietary AMPPLIFY TM Drug Delivery Technology, with an initial focus on the treatment of eye diseases. Kala’s first approved is INVELTYS TM, the first and only corticosteroid for the treatment of inflammation and pain following ocular surgery. Kala’s lead pipeline candidate is KPI-121 0.25%, for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease, for which a New Drug Application (NDA) has been filed with the FDA and a target action date under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) has been set for August 15, 2019.
Reporting to the COO, the Head of Human Resources provides the leadership and functional expertise to develop and execute human resource strategies for the Company. This position has functional responsibilities for talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, training, onboarding, policies and procedures and legal compliance. You will also provide leadership, coaching and guidance to management teams by planning, developing and implementing Human Resources programs and projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. As the organization grows and evolves, the Head of Human Resources will continue to develop and foster the overall culture.
- Develop, implement and provide leadership with the organizational development, talent acquisition, talent management and total rewards strategy.
- A trusted advisor/thoughtful sounding board and business partner to the company’s senior leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues and providing guidance on managing complex and sometimes sensitive employee relations matters.
- Partner closely with the company’s executive leadership team to create a competitive advantage for the company enabling continued growth and driving success through a culture of collaboration.
- Help lead an ongoing organizational transformation from an early-stage company to a rapid-growth, product-focused, commercial organization, maintaining high talent, engagement, and performance and culture standards.
- Lead an HR team that is closely aligned to the business and consistently delivers high value HR services and results.
- Develop effective and scalable plans and programs to grow with the company relative to organizational structure, training initiatives, and fostering the development of a high performing culture through talent calibrations.
- Set standards of bringing in top talent; focusing on talent attraction, engagement and retention.
- Set the HR agenda for the company in coordination and collaboration with the senior management team by developing a keen understanding of the company culture, business goals and strategies, and establishing and executing organizational initiatives in support of those strategies
- Ensure that the company follows relevant federal, state and local regulations and ensure timely and accurate reporting to all outside agencies, as required
- Requires BS degree (advanced degree preferred) with 10+ years of experience in HR, preferably in emerging biotech/life science companies (experience working in a commercial company required), including a substantial background in organizational development and compensation/benefits program design
- Track record of success in dynamic, fast growth, results-oriented organizations.
- An effective leader who inspires trust and confidence in others.
- Genuinely committed to a high standard of business and personal ethical behavior.
- Possess the ability, business maturity, and interpersonal savvy to be proactive and establish credibility with all employees across the Company.
- Demonstrated success building and driving organizational structure, culture, and employee engagement.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and expertise in making timely, effective, and thoughtful decisions.
- Demonstrated success in leading, inspiring, coaching, and building world-class teams.
- Prior success implementing systems and processes in a hands-on, highly collaborative growth environment.
Kala Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package