Senior Manager, Sales & Sample Operations
- Waltham, MA, USA
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using its proprietary AMPPLIFYTM Drug Delivery Technology, with an initial focus on the treatment of eye diseases. Kala’s first approved is INVELTYSTM, the first and only corticosteroid for the treatment of inflammation and pain following ocular surgery. Kala’s lead pipeline candidate is KPI-121 0.25%, for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease, for which a New Drug Application (NDA) has been filed with the FDA and a target action date under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) has been set for August 15, 2019.
Kala is an emerging pharmaceutical company on the verge of commercialization. We are seeking a Senior Manager, Sales and Sample Operations to join our growing team. Kala is rapidly expanding our operation across all functional areas to launch this new product in the U.S. market. Concurrently, the company is expanding its research efforts and exploring collaborations with partners to discover and bring treatments to market for unmet medical needs. We currently seek motivated professionals who share our vision of scientific excellence, innovation, and unwavering dedication to improving the lives of patients. This role will be directly responsible for sales and sampling operations activities for INVELTYS, and in the future may also cover other brands. This position offers an extraordinary opportunity for individuals interested in helping to grow a US company with immediate opportunities in the Specialty Markets, therapeutic areas with high unmet needs, while working with a cross-functional team rich in exceptional talent.
- Develops and monitors incentive compensation on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Develops and delivers scorecards for monitoring of IC and overall field performance.
- Performs quality control for all work done by internal and external parties.
- Works with vendor for monthly reporting for field reports
- Manages additional reward programs and ad hoc contests
Call Planning, Field Adjustments, & Territory Alignments:
- Oversees call planning process.
- Oversees master HCP universe along with sales analytics.
- Maintains all zip/territory files for the organization.
- Works in collaboration with the brands to identify customer segments that are essential to pulling through brand strategy.
- Oversees field adjustment process and alignment changes/requests.
Sales Force Automation (SFA):
- Oversees implementation and development of Sales Force CRM.
- Oversees helpdesk and monitors external partners supporting organization.
- Monitors SFA to ensure data feeds are accurately displaying information needed by the field.
- Manages Veeva support team to ensure timely updates that are requested by the field.
- Oversees implementation and development of Sample accountability program.
- Ensure all PDMA Sample Management objectives are implemented and filed with the government.
- Works with Associate Director of Sales & Market Access Operations to develop and control the annual fleet expense budget.
- Provides a safe, legal, cost effective fleet of vehicles with minimal downtime while meeting the needs of the organization’s clients.
- Works with and monitors fleet vendor to ensure that the fleet is maintained in accordance with the established standards of condition and that all established policies and practices are properly followed.
- Develops, refines, and manages fleet standards for personnel performance, vehicles, vehicle repairs, data collection, data reports, computer systems, and vehicle specifications.
- Coordinates and manages vendors to ensure proper vehicle maintenance is maintained at all locations.
- Compliance Review:
- Works with Compliance/ Operations for approval and monitoring of call plans based on all industry regulations.
- Ensures each refresh of HCP master list is approved for distribution to the field before sending out to internal/external parties.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 6-8 years business experience in the pharma industry which included at least 3 years in field sales (or field sales support) and which included some project management duties.
- Experience in Incentive Compensation is required
- Experience with Veeva is required
- Preferred experience: field leadership; orphan and/or infusion product(s); and Patient HUBS.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Pharma industry, broad therapeutic areas/disease states, drugs/treatments, and related regulatory, commercialization and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and formal presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; proven ability to engage others in collaborative initiatives.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- General understanding of building and maintaining processes/data systems.
- Excellent analytical, investigational and creative problem solving skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Demonstrates responsiveness, attention to detail, and follow-through coupled with ability to prioritize/multi-task effectively.
- Leads by example, displaying integrity, collaboration, accessibility, adaptability, sound judgment/decision making, and an entrepreneurial, solutions-oriented attitude.
- Adherence to and respect for policies/confidential information.
- Strong computer and technical skills coupled with strong data management skills; proven ability to manipulate data from large databases in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Willingness to travel 20% domestically and internationally
Kala Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package