Financial Business Partner, Manufacturing & Research/Development
- Waltham, MA, USA
Kala Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using our proprietary AMPPLIFY™ Drug Delivery Technology, with an initial focus on advancing treatments in ocular diseases. Kala’s first approved product is INVELTYS™, the first and only corticosteroid FDA-approved for BID treatment of post-operative inflammation and pain following ocular surgery. Kala’s lead pipeline product is KPI-121 0.25%, for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease, currently in Phase 3 clinical development. Kala anticipates filing for NDA with its current data set in the second half of 2018.
Kala is an emerging pharmaceutical company on the verge of commercialization. We are seeking an experienced Financial Business Partner, Manufacturing & R&D to assist with analytics and budget planning. This is an opportunity for the right individual to join Kala at a really exciting time. Come join an experienced and highly motivated team!
Key Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Develop models and metrics to monitor the performance against forecasts and budget objectives.
- Develop and provide accurate, timely, and actionable monthly financial reporting and key business metrics to the manufacturing & R&D team.
- Perform sensitive and incremental cost-benefit decision analyses.
- Work closely with manufacturing to analyze changes in standard costs and COGS variances.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate trends and issues affecting the business.
- Maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports on a daily and periodic basis.
- Complete projects as assigned.
- B.A. Degree in Business Administration or Finance
- 7-10 years financial analysis & reporting experience
- Experience in Manufacturing in a pharmaceutical company, would be preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Comfortable working in a business partnering capacity
Kala Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package