Director of National and Regional Accounts
- 100 Beaver St, Waltham, MA 02453, USA
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics using its proprietary mucus-penetrating particle (MPP) technology, with an initial focus on the treatment of eye diseases. Kala has applied the MPP technology to a corticosteroid designed for ocular applications, resulting in two lead product candidates. The product candidates are INVELTYSTM(KPI-121 1%) for the treatment of inflammation and pain following ocular surgery, for which we have submitted a NDA, and KPI-121 0.25% for the temporary relief of the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease, which is currently in Phase 3 clinical development.
We seeking an accomplished National Account Manager with strong relationships in the US Payer Markets to join a start-up group that will set the course for KALA’s Commercial Launch.
This exciting role will be primarily responsible for:
- Working with national and regional accounts to maximize profitable sales and access of Company products
- Analyzing and negotiating contracts where appropriate with corporate and regional accounts
- Ensuring our sales teams are fully equipped with the information and direction necessary to implement payer account initiatives at the regional and local account level
- Project management with Legal, Finance, Regulatory and Field Sales Management in order to ensure effective product access and pull-through
- Assisting in the process of developing strategies and tactics that the Company will follow in order to maximize profitable revenue within assigned accounts and other contract organizations.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who is has the following qualifications and characteristics
Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree or other related extended degree such as Pharm D preferred
Three to Five Years National Account experience required and recent experience in the Ophthalmology Disease Area preferred
Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and customers at one time essential. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment when assessing the needs of each customer within a trade class and design a strategy best suited for the situation. Requires a high level of initiative and independence. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary. Strong analytical skills required.
Previous relationships within national accounts and other contract organizations required. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to enhance partnerships.
High travel demands; must be able to travel in excess of 60% of the time with frequent meetings in home office.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.