Junior Accounting Manager
Established in 1964, we're not your run-of-the-mill accounting firm. We're a spirited, tightly-knit community that believes in rewriting the narrative of what a CPA firm can be. Our journey has been defined by unwavering dedication, both to our clients' success and the growth of our team members.
Experience the Kaizen Difference: At Kaizen, we're more than a ledger and a calculator – we're a catalyst for continuous improvement, collaboration, and celebration. We're not just coworkers; we're a family that thrives on your achievements. Your accomplishments here aren't just acknowledged; they're celebrated with genuine excitement. Our team is your foundation, supporting your personal and professional growth.
Unleash Your Potential: Imagine an environment where innovation harmonizes with tradition, and growth intertwines with stability. Here, your ideas aren't just welcomed; they're valued. Your talents aren't just recognized; they're nurtured. Join us in redefining success, where pushing boundaries is as thrilling as maintaining steadfast excellence.
Embrace Your Journey: Your adventure starts here, where innovation meets community and potential knows no bounds. Join Kaizen CPAs + Advisors to be part of a dynamic family that's rewriting the script on success – and we're just getting started. 🚀🎊
Are you a dedicated and ambitious accounting professional with a genuine passion for tax and accounting? Do you thrive on building strong relationships with small business owners and supporting their financial success? If you are eager to take on a rewarding role that combines your love for accounting with your desire to work closely with small business clients, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Junior Accounting Manager.
Though the work is predominately tax, this position is ideal for the individual looking to get broad exposure to payroll, bookkeeping, compilations, and reviews. As a Junior Accounting Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to combine your passion for tax and accounting with your genuine care for small business owners. Your dedication and ambition will be instrumental in helping our clients achieve their financial goals and ensuring the success of our firm.The Junior Manager, under the direct supervision of the Account Manager, prepares personal, partnership, and corporate tax returns. In addition, the Junior Manager manages client relationships and engagements, researches tax compliance matters, reviews financial statements, prepares tax projections, and assists in responding to various taxing authorities. A successful Junior Manager excels in an environment of continuous improvement; researching, applying, and sharing information at a fast pace. As the link between Staff Accountants and Managers, the Junior Manager identifies areas for enhancement that will bring value to the client. To do this, it is essential to understand the Staff Accountant position, as well as the Manager position. Not only does the Junior Manager work with Staff Accountants and Managers, they also work with members from payroll, financial services, and IT. Building a good rapport with clients and co-workers is essential; leading presentations on varied subjects is a requirement. Junior Managers gain proficiency in a number of software programs, e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, and Teams, as well as a suite of tax programs. Time pressures, due to various tasks and deadlines, must be managed efficiently to be successful in achieving firm goals. Integrity, honesty, dependability, enthusiasm, positivity, resilience, organization, time management, and professionalism are demonstrated daily in this position. In addition to the above, advancement to Manager is available for those that reveal a strong combination of superior technical skills, superior soft skills, confidence, the ability to command respect from clients and co-workers, the aptitude to advise a diverse client base, and holding true to the firm’s vision and values.
- CPA or EA certification preferred; desire to earn credentials if not already obtained required
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 1-3 years experience preferred, but not required to apply
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, MS Teams, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior experience in tax preparation and accounting, with a specific passion for serving small business clients.
- Must be technically savvy with the ability to adapt to ever changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and clients.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to foster trust and loyalty with small business owners.
Elevate Your Experience with Our Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Disability, Life, and AD&D insurances
- Flexible spending account
- Health Savings Account
- Health Reimbursment Account
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO
- Hybrid/Remote Work Flexibility
- Ongoing training & development
- Company-sponsored events & more!
Kaizen CPAs + Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.