Tech Services Summer Internship, Ft. Wayne
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, and Washington D.C.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we are seeking interns to join the team. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. As an Intern you will be exposed to a variety of different technologies as well as a variety of different job skills. For this year’s internship you will have the opportunity to support the community that you live in, the City of Fort Wayne – Allen County. Over 700 workstations will be replaced, giving you an opportunity to get hands-on experience with the latest mobile device management and mobile application management technologies.
Some of your tasks will include:
- You will utilize the latest device deployment technologies to refresh desktops and laptops with new hardware.
- You will work with end-users and teams to ensure the newly installed computers work properly the first time.
- Manage end-user communication.
- You will work collaboratively with teams of smart, thoughtful people to best meet the needs of our clients.
- You will demonstrate the ability to organize, prioritize, plan and deliver your work and commitments in a timely manner.
- Attend internship weekly cohorts, trainings, functions, and networking events
- Shadow multiple office positions and train in a variety of tasks
- Identify opportunities to inject innovative technologies, solutions and delivery methodologies into projects or programs.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with teammates, clients, and stakeholders to keep the project on track and help everyone stay aligned to the mission.
- Build lasting relationships with internal and external project stakeholders that result in maximized value for the client.
- Drive testing strategies, assist with testing scenarios, and validate results.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- Demonstrated ability to lead, problem solve, and deliver results.
- Strong understanding of the current and emerging technology landscape, innovative trends and delivery best practices.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Willingness to learn, strong initiative, ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and flexibility with regard to assignment of tasks and scheduling is essential.
- Hands on experience delivering technical solutions using modern tools and approaches such as data science tools, data engineering tools, custom application development frameworks, COTS package solutions, etc. strongly encouraged but not mandatory.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer