Technical Support Specialist, Louisville
- Louisville, KY, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, and Washington D.C.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a Technical Support Specialist to join the team. If you love to solve problems and add value, please consider what your typical days might look like…
- You will provide amazing support to our clients, greatly exceeding their experience of what anyone else has ever done for them.
- You will escalate customer support requirements as appropriate, communicating relevant information (such as criticality and timeliness), and confirming acceptance of the escalated issue.
- You will prepare desktops, laptops and miscellaneous hardware for customers.
- You will keep customer documentation up-to-date and accurate.
- You will deliver assigned operational and project commitments to customers, utilizing the entire customer team as necessary and as agreed with the Customer Team Lead.
- You will perform customer maintenance activities on behalf of the customer team.
- You will monitor the customer team’s assigned alerts in conjunction with the live helpdesk and respond appropriately.
- You will work collaboratively with teams of smart, thoughtful people to best meet the needs of our clients.
- You will demonstrate the ability to organize, prioritize, plan and deliver your work and commitments in a timely manner.
Some of the skills we are expecting are. . .
- You should possess excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and oral.
- You should be able to explain technical challenges and solutions to just about anyone, regardless of their background.
- You should be willing to participate in an on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as necessary.
- We require at least 1-3 years of experience as a Desktop Support Specialist or similar role
We expect that you will be able perform the following tasks daily. . .
- Servers: Active Directory, File Permissions, Domain, Backups, Antivirus
- Network: Firewalls, Switches, Wireless, Voice, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
- Computers: Computer Replacement, IPCONFIG details, Joint to Domain, Printer Installs, Antivirus
- User Support: User Profile Migrations, Outlook Setup, Mobile Device Setup (email)
- Applications and Products: Office 365, SharePoint, QuickBooks
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer