Machine Learning Engineer
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing, Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a Machine Learning Engineer to join the team. In this role, you’ll work with a strong team of Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Data Scientists to solve some of the most exciting and challenging problems faced by companies and governments in today’s fast-paced environment. Many of your efforts will provide you the opportunity to apply innovative and difference-making decisions while working with complex and/or unstructured data. You will gain visibility with senior leadership and work with a team that prioritizes your growth as a machine learning engineer.
If you love to solve problems and add value, please consider what your typical days might look like:
- Design, develop and deploy production-ready algorithms at scale
- Design develop and maintain data collection pipelines from diverse sources, structured and unstructured data
- Design, develop and maintain pipelines for model training and development
- Drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve quality of solutions
This is not an entry level/recent graduate role and requires at least 1-2 years of related industry experience. Some of the skills and experience we are expecting include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field required.
- Experience with modern programming languages e.g. Python, C#, Java and open source technologies
- Experience deploying and maintaining models at scale
- Experience with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis and predictive modeling
- Solid understanding of OO and common design patterns, CI/CD processes and container technologies.
- Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL database languages
- Experience with common development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins) is a plus
- Experience with developing software products for cloud platform, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus
- Experience with big data or streaming platforms, e.g. Spark, Kafka, MongoDB is a plus
- Proficiency with APIs, orchestration, and automation is a plus
- Comfortable on Linux for both development and operations.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!