- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing, Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
KSMC is adding a BI Consultant to join the Business Intelligence team. This position will allow a talented and enthusiastic candidate the opportunity to have an immediate impact within the organization. This individual will assist the technology team in the development of enterprise class reporting for various industries. An individual in this role will be called upon to support various clients and support internal existing projects within KSMC.
Consider your day-to-day responsibilities in this role
- Designs, develops, deploys and supports sustainable BI solutions such as dashboards, scorecards and various other forms of data visualization using Tableau or Power BI
- Build wireframes, Proof of Concepts (POC), Minimal Viable Product (MVP) and produce compelling and interactive dashboards.
- Build data extraction ETL/ELT pipelines
- Build reusable datasets and models
- Build report delivery process across the enterprise
- Provide support to end users who are designing and building their own reports using pre-defined data models
- Meet the requirements and deadlines established for a given project
- Follow internal processes and procedures
- Investigate and resolve reported defects
- Work closely with other team members to coordinate assignments and communicate status
KSMC is fast-paced environment with high demand on Business Intelligence team. A successful candidate sets a high standard for their delivery of quality solutions. Listed below are the desired experience and skills demonstrated by a successful candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Data Analytics or Software Engineering or Mathematics
- 3+ years of development experience in Tableau and Power BI
- 3+ years of experience creating, managing and troubleshooting complex reports/dashboards, SQL queries, views, procedures and functions
- 3+ years of Advance SQL development experience: Management of high volume of data, building aggregates and cubes, tuning complex queries for performance, improve overall data retrieval process, indexing and query plan analysis and refactoring
- 3+ years of data extraction development experience with wide varity of ETL/ELT tools and processes
- 3+ years of working experience with Data Warehousing and Self-Service BI
- 3+ years of working experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse
- Experienced working in cloud and serverless database solutions (Azure, AWS, Snowflake, BigQuery, BigTable, etc.) in combination with any BI Tools (Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Version control application (example: GitHub, BitBucket, etc.)
- Proficient in relational databases
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with internal stakeholders and work through data related inquiries and issues
- Effectively manage workload with shifting priorities and varying business requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify creative ways to achieve solutions
- Capable of taking responsibility for a task and managing it through completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!