Director of FP&A
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
KSM Consulting was recently acquired by Investcorp, a global alternative investment manager with $30B+ of AUM. Investcorp has a long history of collaborating with technology-enabled professional services businesses
As the Director of FP&A, you will provide executives and investors with the financial information and analysis required to make effective business decisions. Specifically, the reports and recommendations you create will help our leadership team understand business trends, review past company performance, anticipate future challenges, and forecast the company’s future financial results. You will take ownership of key elements that are critical to continued financial success at KSMC, including budgeting and forecasting processes, monthly reporting packages to key stakeholders, and financial modeling.
This role is perfect for you if you’re a critical thinker who is passionate about intelligently analyzing large volumes of data to gain insight and understand the story it tells. You’ll also be a naturally curious person, asking the right questions and understanding the bigger picture to contextualize financial data in consideration of the organization’s strategic growth plan. A high growth, fast-paced environment energizes you and you’ll be skilled in adapting to shifting priorities and changing needs. Ideally, you will have previous experience with private equity partners, service-based organizations, and mergers & acquisitions with regard to diligence, modeling, and integration.
Consider your day-to-day responsibilities in this role:
- Own all reporting requirements, inclusive of comprehensive monthly investor reports, financial leadership reporting, bank covenants, and ad-hoc requests
- Drive a rigorous budget and rolling forecast process for the organization, obtaining appropriate inputs from delivery, sales, and operations teams to consistently provide the most accurate and detailed financial outlook
- Utilize data from variances analysis, reports, and forecasts to proactively advise management in improving performance, minimizing risk, or capturing new opportunities from both an internal company and external environment perspective
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders, including senior executives and functional leadership; Work with key leaders across departments to provide improved visibility and insights on business drivers and results
- Develop systematic reporting through available tools to streamline the current reporting process
- Manage, develop, and mentor a junior FP&A resource who will assist in supporting reporting needs and special project requests
- Engage in special projects as required, inclusive of M&A activities, development and evaluation of optional paths – including return on investment, and improving processes and systems utilized to create and analyze data
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- 8+ years of experience in finance / FP&A, preferably in a high-growth, service-based organization
- Private equity experience (comprehensive monthly reporting, board reporting, bank reporting/covenants, and ad-hoc analysis)
- Experience in mergers & acquisitions diligence, modeling, and integration
- Tech-forward, systematic approach to financial management (SAP byDesign experience a plus)
- MBA a plus
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to both roll up your sleeves as well as be a thoughtful, trusted strategic contributor
- Superior attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment while maintaining a view of the big picture
- Excellent communication skills to interact with all levels of management and executive leadership – distilling complex concepts as well as effectively relaying data in a simple and compelling way
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer