Security Engineer (Internal)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, and Washington D.C.
As a Security Engineer, you will help lead all internal security functions for the organization. You will be responsible for planning and leading the successful execution of key security enhancements, providing technical expertise and leadership to internal strategy, programs and policies as well as assisting in growing our security team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and guide information risk and security discussions with technical and non-technical groups, demonstrating the ability to navigate risk/security best practice while understanding business needs and environment
- Design, develop, and execute IT Risk and Cybersecurity strategy, programs, and policies to protect information and network infrastructure using industry frameworks and methodologies;
- Identify and track KRIs and metrics to build risk reports for management;
- Assess enterprise-wide business risks and cyber challenges and threats, providing recommendations and action plans for mitigation
- Provide guidance on the administration and maintenance of security systems infrastructure, applications, devices, tools, and software services
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware
- Perform information risk, security, and related compliance assessments, including testing of related controls
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- At least 3-5 years working experience in security, compliance, or risk management.
- Knowledge and awareness of the latest information risk, security and compliance innovations, trends, challenges, and solutions
- Exposure to information governance, risk and security standards/frameworks, and professional practices (CMMC, HIPPA, NIST, ISO, COBIT, HITRUST, GDPR, PCI etc.)
- Knowledge of the typical enterprise risk and security operational practices
- Knowledge of information security related solutions, tools, and utilities
- Certification(s) or the Associate level equivalent: CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CGEIT
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer