Senior UX Designer
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a talented and driven Sr. UX Designer to join the team. Our UX Designers are offered the opportunity to take on a high level of responsibility and drive real value for our clients. As a Sr. UX Designer, you will be responsible for designing and driving the successful execution of overall solutions, doing everything from gathering requirements by executing user interviews to designing hi-fis and collaborating with development teams. This may also include facilitating workshops with team members at all organizational levels, both internally and with our clients. Finally, it will include collaborating with a diverse team of functional and technical team members in achieving these goals.
- Lead establishing internal best practices for User Experience and Design
- Work with clients to create clarity and direction in meeting their goals
- Translate implicit vision and direction into products/outputs that achieve client goals
- Communicate design decisions to stakeholders and gathering feedback
- Mediate complex technical and business discussions with clients and vendors, including requirement gathering and design validation discussions
- Develop and execute usability testing plans, and communicating feedback at the appropriate levels of the team to translate findings into action plans
- Create product prototypes, roadmaps, screen flows, journey maps, service blueprints, and other UX related work products
- Build lasting relationships with internal and external project stakeholders that result in maximized value for the client
- Plan and facilitate workshops and interviews to identify, analyze, and document business requirements and translate them into business plans and solutions
- Drive and manage change, both technical and cultural
- Support sales and business development activities through the creation of proposals and sales collateral to support winning in the marketplace
- Mentor early career UX designers and other consultants
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- 5+ years of experience in the User Experience and Design fields
- Self starter with demonstrated ability to identify usability issues
- Knowledge of WICAG and Section 508
- Previous experience with design tools such as Sketch, Figma or XD
- Ability to develop and execute user testing plans
- Strong Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Demonstrated ability to lead, problem solve and deliver results.
- Strong understanding of the current and emerging technology landscape, innovative trends, and delivery best practices.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Willingness to learn, strong initiative, ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and flexibility with regard to assignment of tasks and scheduling is essential.
- Hands on experience delivering technical solutions using modern tools and approaches such as data science tools, data engineering tools, custom application development frameworks, COTS package solutions, etc. strongly encouraged but not mandatory.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer