Proposal Manager - Google
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
KSM Consulting is looking for a skilled and versatile Proposal Manager and Writer with experience in RFP/RFI responses, specifically technology or data proposals.
As a Proposal Manager for KSM Consulting, you’ll support the effort to deliver best-in-class proposals to US state, local, federal, education, and private sector entities. Your responsibilities include working with members of the Sales, Marketing, and Delivery teams to develop winning, innovative proposals including written responses for RFIs/RFTs/RFPs (RFx); oral presentations and demonstrations; and unsolicited documents and white papers. You will work on a collaborative team that helps support the entire organization for Sales Support. Key activities include scheduling and running RFP kick-off meetings, RFP response development, facilitating key review meetings and final document review, coordinating proposal sign-off and delivery of the completed proposal, training, operations with the ability to meet deadlines by ensuring contributors are providing their content in a timely manner. The Proposal Manager is expected to become an expert with KSMC services, over time.
Consider your day-to-day responsibilities in this role:
- Manage all details of the RFP process and workflow receiving multiple RFP's and conducts research if needed on RFP technical/functional areas to gain better understanding of areas to be addressed and responded to
- Execute the RFx proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., marketing teams, service teams, legal, support, compliance, finance, etc.)
- Contribute to RFP response requirements and ensure proposal compliance, and act as the primary interface for RFx response efforts
- Organize, manage, and maintain a content library for all proposal development materials to enable rapid reuse
- Develop new content in collaboration with subject matter experts when needed to meet compliance or tell a persuasive story
- Act as a technical editor to provide the appropriate voice and details for RFx documents
- Gather and format information, compose drafts and prepare proposals, and write and edit RFP responses for accuracy
- Identify and document areas for process improvement
- Stay current on proposal best practices and market trends, including those related to public sector
- Source opportunities using provided market database tools and pre-screen opportunities for business “fit”
- Review cost proposals to ensure they fit the approach and provide the proper assumptions
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- BS/BA Degree
- 3+ years of proposal management experience
- 5+ years of technical writing experience
- 2+ years’ experience with US state or federal government proposal compliance requirements
- Candidate must have excellent writing skills, be both technical and analytical, and possess substantial experience supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities
- Proposal management or sales training, a plus
- Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Must have a good understanding of public sector procurement and contract vehicles
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer