Network Operations Center Manager
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our growing, Indianapolis-based technology, data, and management consulting firm, you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a NOC Manager to lead our Network Operation Center team. If you love to solve tough problems, lead teams, and provide excellent client service, please consider what your typical days might look like…
- You will report to the Director of Managed Services.
- Oversee all NOC Operations and monitoring staff
- Ensure all critical incidents and monitoring are in place.
- Manage all procedures related to identification of and prioritization of critical incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of incident response.
- Establish and enforce incident response or escalation service level agreements in consultation with internal and external clients to establish resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of activities and documented resolutions, identify problems, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Regularly iterate on the incident and escalation processes using data gathered about the frequency and severity of incidents.
- Examine, refine, and develop the existing monitoring and response metrics.
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff.
- Oversee automation of internal controls and centralize logging and reporting.
- Lead major incident response teams for the duration of escalated incidents.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the transfer to the problem management process where necessary.
- Evaluate monitoring alerts and problem situations, resolving as required.
- Work with other team members to resolve major incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Monitor infrastructure components, such as network devices, servers, and other business services as required.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to the Director of Managed Services and other business partners on a regular schedule or as needed.
- Manage day-to-day NOC technology operations to align with managed services teams, including monitoring service delivery and handling any issues or escalations.
- Ensure proper installation, integration configuration and fine tuning of Monitoring / NOC software, tools, and technologies.
- Ensure recurring/preventative maintenance plans are defined, implemented, and executed.
- You should have 8+ years’ IT experience in addition to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 5+ of those years’ experience should be working as a member of a NOC or with a Managed Service Provider.
- At least 3+ of those years should be in a supervisory role.
- You should possess ITIL Strategic Leader
- You should possess expert level background in IT Operations including end-user support, server, networking, and data center experience.
- Advanced knowledge in development and maintaining of Network Monitoring, Remote Management and Monitoring, Remote Access, Professional Services Automation, and reporting systems.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of event/alert management, incident and change management processes.
- Broad experience with various operating systems, databases, virtualization, and cloud computing.
- Understanding of operating platforms, connectivity, security, and information storage.
- Knowledge and experience working with of Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, and DNS.
- Good working knowledge of Unix and Linux Operating Systems.
- Must be strong in MS Windows, both server and desktop.
- Experience in Network and Systems Management.
- Experience with network equipment and LAN/WAN configuration: Domains, TCP/IP, VPN's, switch and firewalls, wireless access points, and other networking equipment.
- Strong operational knowledge of VMWare and VSphere of comparable virtualization solutions.
- Strong operational knowledge of AWS, GCP, G Suite, Microsoft Azure, and O365 environments.
- Ability to develop and manage service level reporting.
- Knowledge of IT security, compliance and data protection operations and legislation NIST CSF, NIST 800/53, ISO 2700x, and SOC, HIPPA, or PCI DSS.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to teach others how to perform systematic troubleshooting in a timely manner.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!