Cybersecurity Engineer - Project
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a Security Engineer to join our Projects team. If you love to solve problems and add value, please consider what your typical days might look like…
- Identify security vulnerabilities, plan for, and implement remediation actions.
- Investigate security events using logs, SIEM solutions, EDR solutions and other security tools to identify and prevent incidents.
- You will deliver assigned operational commitments to clients, utilizing the entire client team as necessary.
- You will provide amazing support to our clients, greatly exceeding their experience of what anyone else has ever done for them.
- You will escalate customer support requirements as appropriate, communicating relevant information (such as criticality and timeliness), and confirming acceptance of the escalated issue.
- You will participate in incident response and investigation as needed by our clients.
- You will consult with clients and internal teams regarding security controls and baseline security for operating systems, database, cloud solutions and applications.
- Actively participate in developing the goals, strategy and methodologies of our client’s cybersecurity programs.
- You will keep client documentation up-to-date and accurate, including help desk tickets.
- You will work collaboratively with teams of smart, thoughtful people to best meet the needs of our clients.
- You will work in and solve issues in modern virtualized, on-premises, cloud, and hybrid environments
Some of the skills we are expecting are. . .
- You should possess strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems.
- You should possess excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and oral.
- You should be able to explain just about anything technical to anyone, regardless of their background.
- In addition to Security+, you should hold CEH, SSCP, or equivalent.
- You should have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You should have 2-3 years of security engineer or related experience.
- You should be familiar with HIPPA, PCI DSS and other cybersecurity frameworks such as NIST CSF, NIST 800/53, ISO 2700x, and SOC.
- Possess the ability to draft content related to policies, standards, and procedures in alignment with cybersecurity frameworks.
- Create and execute audit plans.
- Monitor and maintain security controls in support of our clients’ environments.
- Possess knowledge of operating systems security features.
- Possess knowledge of network and device security features.
- Be able to execute vulnerability scanning with tools such as Qualys, RapidFire and provide in-depth analysis of results.
- Possess knowledge on modern authentication and identity protection offerings such as Azure AD, Google Cloud Identity, JumpCloud, etc.
- Have experience investigating security incidents with firewalls, SIEMs, and endpoints.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Zero Trust
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer