IT Infrastructure Architect - Projects
- 800 E 86th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need an IT Infrastructure Architect to join our Technology Services Project team. If you love to solve problems and add value, please consider what your typical days might look like…
- You will participate in the delivery of IT project implementation for our clients.
- You will perform strategic planning in conjunction with our clients, including identification and analysis of projects to fulfill strategic and operational needs.
- You will deliver assigned project commitments to clients, utilizing the entire client team as necessary and as agreed with the Project Manager.
- Drive the architecture, engineering, configuration, and deployment of highly available IT environments.
- Design network and network security architectures to ensure reliable operation for business objectives and processes and meet client objectives.
- Design security controls such as logs, SIEM solutions, EDR solutions and other tools to identify, mitigate, and/or prevent incidents.
- Design server, storage, and virtualization architectures to ensure reliable operation for business objectives and processes and meet client objectives.
- Design O365, Azure, AWS, GCP architectures and services.
- Participate in the daily planning, tracking, scheduling, and execution of project tasks.
- Work with our sales, service, and other teams to acting as the infrastructure technical expert to address problems such as systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platform integrations.
- Provide technical design and deployment support on all related subjects.
- Assist with the creation of business cases and RFPs.
- Conduct assessments of our clients’ current network and network security environment to identify efficiency, security, or reliability improvements through metrics collection and trend analysis
- Evaluate emerging technologies and products and develop standard operating procedures for their implementation into client’s environments.
- Work with members of the security team to ensure solutions implemented conform with industry standards such as NIST CSF, NIST 800/53, ISO 2700x, and SOC, HIPPA, or PCI DSS.
- Create work breakdown structures (WBS), resource, cost estimates.
- Work closely with vendors to define implementation procedures.
- Define requirements for the implementation of new services.
- You will mentor team members on technical issues.
- Delivering assigned project commitments to customers, utilizing the entire customer team as necessary and as agreed upon with the Project Manager.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements
- Create Statements of Work and Bill of Materials
Some of the skills we are expecting are. . .
- You should have 8+ years’ IT experience in addition to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You should possess certifications such as Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, CCNP or equivalent.
- Experience in project methodologies and execution.
- You should possess expert level background in IT including end-user support, server, networking, and data center experience.
- Broad experience with various operating systems, databases, virtualization, and cloud computing.
- Understanding of operating platforms, connectivity, security, and information storage.
- Knowledge and experience working with of Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, and DNS.
- Good working knowledge of Unix and Linux Operating Systems.
- Must be strong in MS Windows, both server and desktop.
- Experience in Network and Systems Management.
- Experience with network equipment and LAN/WAN configuration: Domains, TCP/IP, VPN's, switch and firewalls, wireless access points, and other networking equipment.
- Strong operational knowledge of VMWare and VSphere of comparable virtualization solutions.
- Strong operational knowledge of AWS, GCP, G Suite, Microsoft Azure, and O365 environments.
- Knowledge of IT security, compliance and data protection operations and legislation NIST CSF, NIST 800/53, ISO 2700x, and SOC, HIPPA, or PCI DSS.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to teach others how to perform systematic troubleshooting in a timely manner.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer