Senior Network Engineer - Projects
- 800 E 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a Senior Network Engineer to join our Technology Services Project team. If you love to solve problems and add value.
Consider what your typical days might look like…
- You will perform strategic planning in conjunction with our clients, including identification and analysis of projects to fulfill strategic and operational needs.
- You will deliver assigned project commitments to our clients, utilizing the entire client team as necessary and as agreed with the team leads.
- Participate in the daily planning, tracking, scheduling, and execution of project tasks.
- Design and implement network architectures to ensure reliable operation for business objectives and processes and meet client objectives.
- Conduct assessments of our clients’ current network states to identify network efficiency, security, or reliability improvements through metrics collection and trend analysis
- Install site network equipment such as firewalls, routers, switches, and wireless solutions.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and products and develop standard operating procedures for their implementation into the network.
- Work with members of the security team to ensure solutions implemented conform with industry standards such as NIST CSF, NIST 800/53, ISO 2700x, and SOC, HIPPA, or PCI DSS.
- Prepare documentation of network standards, configurations, procedures, and cabling layouts
- Write, design, and deliver operational documentation, such as network and closets diagrams.
- Ensure that all network designs and deployments are fully documented and supportable by the Network Operations Center
- You will mentor team members on technical issues.
- Delivering assigned operational and project commitments to customers, utilizing the entire customer team as necessary and as agreed upon with the Project Manager.
Some of the skills we are expecting are. . .
- We require at least 8+ years of experience in routing, switching, and load balancing as well as a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- Technical Certifications such as CCNP, BCNE, NSE6, JNCIE, ACDP, etc. are highly desirable
- You should possess expertise with network systems, standards (LAN, WAN, MPLS, SD-WAN) and protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF
- In-depth knowledge of network security including NGFW, IPS, IDS and VPNs,
- Cloud Networking Experience (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience planning, designing, and deploying network architectures
- Proven ability in network capacity and performance planning and monitoring.
- Possess a thorough understanding of 802.11 principles.
- Strong ability with end-user device connectivity
- In Depth knowledge of QoS and traffic shaping
- Knowledge of 802.1X implementation strategies
- Proven ability to analyze and solve network incidents
- Experience in executing medium to large-scale projects.
- You should possess excellent communication and client service skills, both written and oral, including a proven ability to create detailed technical documentation.
- You should possess strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer