Senior Data Engineer
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with many teams across our company on complex, advanced analytical projects to perform data sourcing, data profiling, and other data manipulation functions.
You will be directly responsible for the solutions we build for our clients, addressing their business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution reviews. We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary to empathize with the clients’ needs, translate technical complexities, develop appropriate solutions, and contribute to the growth of our technology and data-driven company.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Work closely with the solution leads, project managers, data architects, and data scientists on solution design, architecture, and implementation
- Perform extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using various data engineering tools and methods.
- Query and process large data sets and perform data profiling and data quality assessments.
- Design and implement data solutions for integration across systems that are both secure and operational.
- Assist in creating database models and architecture design and documentation
- Conduct research and development as well as contribute to the long-term positioning of and emerging technologies related to data sourcing, cleansing, and integration
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Participate in client-facing project activities such as requirements gathering, solution reviews, and explaining technical complexities and business benefits in layperson terms.
Some of the qualifications and skills we are expecting include the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field is required (Master’s a plus)
- 6+ years of data engineering, software engineering, or similar experience
- 6+ hands-on industry experience working with SQL on various relational database platforms (Microsoft, Oracle, Hana, Postgres, etc.)
- 5+ hands-on industry experience working with enterprise ETL/DW tools like Azure Data Factory, Snowflake, Redshift, Informatica, Pentaho, etc.
- 5+ years of non-technical client facing interactions (in a consulting space preferred)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with object-oriented programming in Python (preferred) or similar such as Go, Rust, C#, etc.
- 2+ years of using a cloud platform (AWS or Azure preferred), cloud certifications a plus
- Hands-on experience with aspects of data engineering design and implementation including data sourcing, data modeling of warehouses/marts/repositories, data integration/transformation/ETL, APIs, reporting, business intelligence and analytics
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB (preferred), CouchDB, Cosmos, etc. a plus
- Hands-on experience with Graph databases like Neo4j (preferred), Cosmos DB, Neptune, etc. a plus
- Able to provision environments independently and deploy code a plus (CI/CD extra plus)
- Experience with Docker for containerization and Kubernetes for orchestration a plus
- Experience with “big data” and distributed tools like Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera, etc. a plus
- Collaborative team player who is detailed oriented, focused on solution quality and execution
- Progressive mindset particularly around deployment models and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working across a wide range of project sizes and industries
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer