- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
KSM Consulting is looking for a technical writer to join our growing team. This person will work closely with our project managers, software developers, and data engineers to deliver clear and concise project documentation to our clients. This position requires a proactive individual who can prioritize project deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Produce high-quality, technical documentation tailored for the intended audience(s).
- Strategize with internal team members to define the best way to communicate project goals and deliverables.
- Help structure project documentation and content based on project scope.
- Work closely with internal team members and subject matter experts to develop project specific content.
- Incorporate feedback and suggestions from team members and clients into project documentation.
- Create user guides and training materials for applications developed by our software engineers.
- Help create visuals and graphics that clearly depict project related processes and procedures.
- Format documents according to our brand and ensure content is written with a clear and concise tone.
- Edit and proofread content prepared by other internal writers and staff.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing project deadlines.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, understand complex subjects, and write in a way that is easy to understand across multiple audiences
- Experience with documenting software lifecycle processes and frameworks a plus
- Comfortable in client-facing meetings to ask questions and gather feedback directly related to a project
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or Communications
- Experience in technical project documentation or online publishing
- Knowledge of the technology and software industry
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Ability to work independently
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer