Senior Data Architect
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, Atlanta, GA and Washington D.C.
We are looking for Data Architects to join our talented data analytics team. As a Data Architect, you will work closely with many teams across our company on complex, advanced analytical projects to perform data modeling, solution design, and project leadership.
You will be directly responsible for the solutions we build for our clients, addressing their business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution design. We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary to empathize with the clients’ needs, translate technical complexities, develop appropriate solutions, and contribute to the growth of our technology and data-driven company.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
- Work closely with data engineers, project managers, and engagement managers to design, implement, and support data solutions.
- Help guide full lifecycle data solutions for our clients, including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, development, testing, security, governance and deployment
- Communicate detailed data solution architecture and implementation plans to data engineers
- Conduct research and development as well as contribute to the long-term positioning of and emerging technologies
- Mentor data engineers to help grow the team and skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field is required
- 5+ years of data architecture experience
- 7+ hands-on industry experience working with relational database systems (i.e.: PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- 5+ years of non-technical client facing interactions (in a consulting space preferred)
- 2+ years hands-on experience designing and implementing cloud data solutions on at least one of the following: Azure, AWS, GCP
- 2+ years hands-on experience with an enterprise data modeling tool (i.e.: erwin, ER/Studio, etc.)
- 2+ years working with “Big Data” solutions, preferably on cloud environments (i.e.: Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience working with CI/CD technology
- Collaborative team player who is detailed oriented, focused on solution quality and execution
- Progressive mindset particularly around deployment models and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working across a wide range of project sizes and industries
- Proven capacity to design and implement a full lifecycle D&A solution
- Experience working with client leadership to understand their overarching needs and provide data driven results
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient new and emerging technologies.
- Master’s Degree in technical field (Information Systems, Computer Science, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with non-relational and graph databases (i.e.: MongoDB, Neo4J, etc.)
- Experience with architecture integrating multi-cloud environments
- Experience in Master Data Management (MDM)
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMCers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- KSMCers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- KSMC compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- KSMC leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great KSMCer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and lots of ways to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer