Sr. Software Engineer (.NET)
- 111 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
At KSM Consulting, you are bigger, bolder, and brighter. You bring innovative ideas to the table, and you learn from the experts sitting beside you. You stand on the shoulders of giants and on some days, you are the giant. That’s what we call…
At our data, technology, and digital transformation consulting firm you’ll be exposed to the latest industry trends as well as some of the most challenging problems our clients face. And through deep understanding, tenacity, collaboration, and know-how, you help those clients find the solution that’s right for them. In everything you do, you’ll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. We serve clients across the nation from our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN and teams in Denver, Co, Lansing, MI, Columbus, OH, Fort Wayne, IN, and Washington D.C.
Our business is growing and we're in search of a new, dynamic team member to help develop integrated solutions and enterprise-level software. A candidate is someone who learns quickly and functions with limited supervision. They must be able to move quickly between different programming languages and environments. Taking responsibility and communicating with other team members and clients about potential issues and solutions so projects stay on time and within budget is crucial. Our ideal candidate is also excited about working in a fast-paced, small business environment. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to junior level employees.
- Ensures code quality of the project include code produced by others on the team.
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to stakeholders in the development of software.
- Installs software and user utilities for modifications and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Acts as liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Understands and implements modern code architectures in an enterprise environment.
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
- Utilizes other platform’s APIs and open source utilities to create fully integrated solutions.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from four-year college or university; or two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have 5 or more years of hands-on experience designing, developing, and coding multi-tiered enterprise level solutions.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and technical documentation.
- Present and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to give constructive feedback to junior level employees.
- Strong relational database knowledge data modeling and programming to include queries, views, UDF and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of database systems including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with web technologies including .NET, MVC, HTML, CSS, and RESTful standards.
- Knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, text editors, debuggers, compilers, design software, internet software, server diagnostic tools, and shell and database software.
What you should know about KSMC:
- KSMC employees work hard. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are generally engaged throughout the entire workday and beyond.
- We compensate well and show our appreciation in lots of ways including Thursday Throwdowns, quarterly employee events, Community Day, and family outings.
- We have a great benefits package including a Self-Managed PTO Policy.
- Our snack room is well stocked with healthy drinks and food to keep you going during your work day.
- Our comprehensive wellness program includes team recreation activities and wellness reimbursement.
- KSMC values lifelong learning and encourages all team members to continue to grow through formal and informal paths that include an Educational Assistance Program.
- We emphasize your career advancement and development and set aside intentional time twice a year to evaluate your progress and goal set together, including your career growth track.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
“I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like KSMC.”
“I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
“The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer